Author Topic: 7 month old not too interested in nursing  (Read 857 times)

Offline donvitol

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
7 month old not too interested in nursing
« on: September 09, 2012, 02:02:54 am »
almost 7 month old DD has become less and less interested in nursing the last 2 weeks, and a lot more interested in solids.  She is on a good schedule, nursing 4X a day, 2 naps, and still nurses 1-2 times at night.  She eats solids for 3 meals, about 4-5 ounces (she is a bigger girl), and she would eat more if I let her, but am trying to keep her somewhat hungry for her next feed.  She now usually only nurses on 1 side, sometimes not even draining that side.  Should I be backing off on solids even more, or let her lead the way with what she wants.

Also, she refuses to nurse when we are in public now, way too interested in what is going on, even if I take her to a dark, secluded place.  The last few weekends out with the family have been hard on me!  Suggestions??

Offline Fiver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
Re: 7 month old not too interested in nursing
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 20:18:10 pm »
I think, if it was me, I might dial back the solids a little and see what happens with the BF.  And it is tough when they get distracted :-\
*** Amanda ***

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 01:21:23 am »
Nursing in the car perhaps?  That is generally a quieter place. 

Offline donvitol

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 01:48:27 am »
yeah, even in the car, there is so much to see and touch!  Will try cutting back on solids some, it is just hard to do because she cries because she wants more when I try to cut her off

Offline gogomama

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 13:28:34 pm »
This happened to my DD at about the 7 month mark and it lasted about 2 weeks before her appetite picked up again. I do think it may be a combination of some factors like a new-found consciousness of what is going on and just coming out of the 6 mo. growth spurt so they may just need a little less food. I would just try to feed as much as possible in quiet/dark areas and try before you offer solids so that she's not already full.