Author Topic: When to drop morning and bedtime bottle - LO is one year old.  (Read 8106 times)

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: When to drop morning and bedtime bottle - LO is one year old.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 21:43:46 pm »
Right to get rid of the morning bottle you just have breakfast ready like the pp have said. 

Right now I am in the process of weaning Bram off of his bottles.  We have one small one after his nap at 3pm (4oz) and then his bedtiem one (8oz).  We cut out the morning one and replaced it with a snack about 2 weeks ago.  In about a week we will cut out the 3pm one and make it a snack with his sippy. 

I plan on cutting out the bedtime bottle just like a did the dream feed.  I will gradually make it smaller and start to give him a gradually bigger snack before his bath until we are done. 

We use the Playtex insulator cups and they are great.  If B throws the cup a few drops will come out but otherwise it doesnt leak.

HTH

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 21:44:55 pm »
Right I also wanted to say that getting your little one to use a sippy or a straw cup is kind of like sleep training it takes consistency and patience ;D

Offline M2W

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 22:50:53 pm »
Ya those are the cups -  Leia doesn't bang hers though.   They have been the only ones that havent leaked for us.   But I could see if he is banging them hard enough that the valve could come out.    I like these cups cause the valve is easy to clean especially with milk,  but obviously if he can get it out that is a big problem.    I will have to ask a couple other mothers here what they are using.  All of our babies are pretty close in age where I work.   If I come up with anything else I will let you know.   

Please let me know...I did have really good luck with toys r us generic brand, but eventually the dishwasher warps them and they leak from the screw on lid area. :(

Offline M2W

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 22:51:40 pm »
The playtex sippies dont leak, I dont think the you can bang much out of it. It hasnt happened yet lol. kaleb gets nothing from it but it does stay in!

Believe it or not, he gets those freak'n valves out too!  ::) And I have a tough time getting them out to WASH them...LOL  :-\

Offline M2W

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 05:31:37 am »
goodness, maybe just get him an IV then!

Yeah I'm wondering if I should get him a personal trainer ... lol...I mentioned that the other day he flipped out coffee table over and a few days before that he was lifting a 16 pound weight set we bought as a Christmas gift for my MIL. He's pretty strong and tonight we (DH & I) were trying to demonstrate how he pushes the nipples in on bottles, when we realized neither of us could do it easily! We were shocked at how tough that task really is! He must get some sort of leverage while sucking or something? Because it's not easy to push the nipples all the way into the bottle (to where they pop out) I know the "NUBY" cups some mothers rave about have a large nipple like sippy cup spout and he would suck those until they became inverted and fell out...and the Adiri bottles that are supposed to be like the breast (see pic) I could never get to work, they would collapse as well when he sucked on them.  :-\  I have just resolved that I will need to deal with a little leaking and have the carpet cleaned regularly.  :)

Offline M2W

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 05:14:02 am »
Im not sure how to get her off her morning and bedtime bottles-  

How is it going? Did you decide to wean one of the bottles? If so, which one?