Author Topic: Disposable vs. Washable breast pads??  (Read 4757 times)

mommytsa

Disposable vs. Washable breast pads??
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 21:54:40 pm »
I use the Gerber washable pads.  They have a moisture resistant barrier, and I haven't leaked through them.  They are, however, a bit on the small side, and can move around a bit in the bra (I'm a 42F, so it may just be that the pads are too small for my big girls :oops: ).  I find that at night I have to use something larger because I leak around them when they move, so I use the disposable ones then.

Offline alison reed

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Disposable vs. Washable breast pads??
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 10:41:32 am »
I mainly use washable b.pads. The brand which I is Avent and you get 6 pads plus a wash net for £5. But I also have disposables in the house as when I am going out just down to my local shopping centre I take some disposables with me just incase I start leaking more than normal or my lo misses a bf as she always falls a sleep in her pushchair even if she is not tired as she feelins relaxed and content will we are on the go. I found for the disposables that I can only use ever johnsons, boots or Avent as all the other brands make me feel sore. I am a second time around bf as my first baby was also bf for 7 months until he decided he did not want to feed of me anymore. The disposable brands which I would most defenatly suggest to stay away from are mothercare, tommee tippee, superdrug, tescos, morrisons and sainsburys.  If I was to suggested which style of pads to buy I would say get both and see which ones you are hasppiest with to start with as I noticed that I leaked more in the first 6 months until weaning than I do now 9 1/2 months down the line and still going strong. I do not know when I am going to finish bf my daughter it will probably be until she decides she does not what to be bf anymore.

I hope this has been useful and helpful to you
Alison

mother of two:

Offline jaxnp

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 00:10:57 am »
I use the Medela disposables.  I do't leak much, but show a bit too much "nipplage" without them, and I find the reusables move around too much,