Author Topic: Really struggling with the end of the day  (Read 7518 times)

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: Really struggling with the end of the day
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2013, 07:25:14 am »
Quick question - would a late (but short) cat nap lead to a long nw between 2 and 4.30 am?! That's what we had last night and I'm wondering if it was the 15 minutes I let him have at 5.30-5.45 (with a 7.15 bedtime) which caused it?  He woke at 3 from his last nap yesterday so I wasn't sure what else to do but now I'm wishing I'd gone for an ebt! Oh well.  Let's just hope we get 2 decent naps today so we don't end up in the same situation again.

You probably won't see this in time but do you think I should push him first A time again today after a rubbish night or not?  I'm quite tempted to if he seems ok cos we'll never get past this stage otherwise but don't really want to throw OT into the mix as well!  I'll probably see how he seems at nap time and judge whether I can push him or not.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2013, 18:13:25 pm »
How have the last few days been for you?

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2013, 06:03:06 am »
Yeah, good mostly.  We're pretty much on 2 naps now as long as he sleeps in ok and has 2 decent naps. It's still a bit hairy if he has a short nap or wakes early but that's the nature of nap dropping isn't it?  We're up to 2hr 50/55 A time in the morning and 2hr 45 in the afternoon and are generally getting 1hr 20-30 minute naps from that.  The morning one is generally the shorter one so I'm slowly working on increasing that A time til we consistently get a 1.5 hr nap.  He always does a longer nap the first day I increase A times then shortens it again slightly the next day. I'm not worried about it though - we'll get there.  And he's settling fantastically for bed too which was our original problem, so that's sorted.

So so nice to finally have a routine that works most of the time at last! :) Thanks again for all your help x

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2013, 18:54:18 pm »
:D. Hooray for nearly being done with the 3-2!!