Author Topic: High Chair to Booster Seat  (Read 1087 times)

Offline KimberJ

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 27, 2007, 20:00:45 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out when to change my 15 month old from a high chair to a buster seat.  When did you make the change and how do I know if he is ready?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 20:13:49 pm by KimberJ »

Offline xxkaty23xx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 97
  • My gorgeous little Aiden!
    • Facebook
Re: High Chair to Booster Seat
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 22:26:59 pm »
both of mine are in booster seats now, i did it at the same time right after i bought our new table.... Mikey was 2yr8mnths and Jay was 1yr5months.... i dont really think theres a huge difference for the kids, a lot more space for you though without a huge highchair in the way all the time

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 22:41:14 pm »
I agree with Katy.  I have a childminding setting and use Booster seats now.  (I still have the highchair in the attic though)
TBH I never used the trays of the highchair, just pushed them up to the table and I do the same with the boosters too, no trays, jsut sit directly at the table.

Offline xxkaty23xx

• Showing Appreciation 97
  • My gorgeous little Aiden!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 22:59:40 pm »
I agree with Katy.  I have a childminding setting and use Booster seats now.  (I still have the highchair in the attic though)
TBH I never used the trays of the highchair, just pushed them up to the table and I do the same with the boosters too, no trays, jsut sit directly at the table.

Yeah i forgot to add that, i've only used the trays once

Offline kate585

• Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 23:13:35 pm »
Well, Ryan is almost 28 months and he still uses his high chair.  It's just easier for me since he's strapped in and can't just get up whenever he wants to.  He can climb in by himself now, so he thinks that's pretty cool.  I think he'll be in it until his little brother needs to start using it or he gets too big for it. 

I think it's more to do with your preference (high chair in the middle of the dining room vs. contained child  ;D)  That being said, we do have a booster seat we could strap to a chair and it would save a TON of floor space.  Just haven't gotten around to it.
Kate,

Offline KimberJ

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 00:21:05 am »
Thanks everyone.  That helps.  I actually use the tray....I think I will put it away and try not using it as a step to the booster.  My husband was concerned about him reaching for everything knocking everything over.  We have tried it at a restaurant when a chair was not available.  We were miserable.   :o  I appreciate your help.