Author Topic: 6 month old naps  (Read 699 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
6 month old naps
« on: March 05, 2015, 15:26:03 pm »
I know I should know all this but my brain feels like mush at the moment.

So DD2 has been a great napper for a while now but is HSN so this is what had me stumped for a while. Up until 4 days ago her day looked like this (every day)

WU 8 ( I woke)
A
S 10 - 12 ( I woke)
A
S 2 - 3:30 I woke)
A
S 5:30 - 6:00 ( I woke)
A
BT 7:40

She would happily have slept later for all of the naps and if I let her she will do a 14hrs night.

So the past few days her fist nap has been between 1hr - 1hr 30 Always broken around 50 mins then SS after 10 mins. The second nap 50mins to 1hr 10 and the 3rd 23 mins. So I have been pushing the nap just by 10mins but the naps are not improving but she is still tired when she wakes up and her A time to BT has shortened to 1hr 30 when she is totally out for the count.

So do I push more and hope she gets it and starts napping longer. Her wee cheeks are rosy so maybe teething again but I cant feel anything yet. We have the bottom 2.

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 6 month old naps
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 05:33:38 am »
Hi Gail, sorry you haven't got a reply yet!

How many days have you been pushing for 10min longer? It's really up to you, but if it's been 2-3 days already, then I'd add 5-10min more and see if that makes a difference.

It sounds like teeth could be a possibility. Is she doing anything new developmentally that could be causing disruption?