Author Topic: XPost - 7mo with frequent nw, prop and short naps  (Read 719 times)

Offline zaysmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
XPost - 7mo with frequent nw, prop and short naps
« on: February 09, 2012, 14:42:43 pm »
Hi, I'm new here and have just started to learn about EASY.  I'm desperate to change our situation but don't know where to start. I also posted this on the props board but now I am thinking maybe I need to address the NW issue first?

My 7mo is not able to go to sleep without breastfeeding - both for naps and bedtime.

He wakes approximately every 2 hours during the night.  I nurse him back to sleep during night wakings and I know he is not waking because he is hungry - he will usually fall back to sleep in less than a minute.

He sleeps in his crib (in our bedroom) for naps and starts the night sleeping in his crib.  Once I go to bed and he wakes I bring him into bed and we co-sleep.

When napping during the day he wakes after 45 min.

Our day looks something like this:
6:30-7am - wake and nurse
7:30 - 8:30 - activity/solids
9:00 - nurse/nap
9:45 - nurse
10:00 - activity
11:30 - solids
12:00 - nurse/nap
12:45 - activity
3:00 - solids
4:00 - nurse/nap
4:45 - activity
6:30 - solids/bath
7:30 - nurse/bedtime

I realize I've created a monster by always nursing to sleep and nursing during night wakings.  I'm committed to changing our patterns but I just don't know where to start.  Do I start with trying to get him to go to sleep without nursing?  Or do I start with trying to rid the night wakings first?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 20:55:48 pm by Bex09 »

Offline Bex09

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: XPost - 7mo with frequent nw, prop and short naps
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 20:54:33 pm »
Hi there, I really think that your NW are being caused by your DS's reliance on props. So seeing as you have posted there too, I am going to lock this so that you get all your advice in one place and link to your other thread.

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=225777.0