Author Topic: starting EASY with 4 1/2 mth old  (Read 699 times)

Offline meldee

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I can't help it that I'm such a cutie!
« on: August 24, 2006, 14:48:51 pm »
Going back to work and I realized his care taker won't be able to follow my free following schedule. I want to start LO on EASY which we've followed with some modification because of his 45 min nap schedule. I bf to sleep and I am going to work on breaking this association with pu/pd and pat/shh (tried 1 month ago and the wear on our backs after 2 weeks caused us to quit). i want to know should i start out on a 4 hr EASY or begin with 3.5 hours?

thanks!
 ;D
melissa
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: starting EASY with 4 1/2 mth old
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 19:44:48 pm »
how many breastfeeds do you offer a day, so you have any sort of routine at the moment - can you post it for me?

How long can your LO stay away between naps?

4hr EASY = 4 feeds during the day
3.5hr EASY = 5 feeds
Lauren x

Offline meldee

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I can't help it that I'm such a cutie!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 13:20:09 pm »
I can keep him awake for 2 hours. Our day looks something like this:
wake 6:30
e 6:50 bf and cereal
a 7:15
s 8:30
wake 10 ( usually wakes at the 45 min mark and i work really hard to keep him down pat/shh, pu/pd)
e 10:30 bf
a 10;45
s 12:30 (wakes at 45 min mark and work really hard to keep him down)
wake 2:00
e 2:15 bf
a 2:30
s 4:10
wake 5:00
eat 5:15 ish bf and cereal
bath 6:45 ish
bottle/bf 7:15  (i use to let him fall asleep at the breast, and lightly stir him as i put him down. last night he was sleepy but still more awake than usual)
bed 7:30-- he will stir every hour on the hour after that point. DH will pat/sh Lo on his shoulder. I think he waits until he's asleep to put him down. We've talked about it, but I'm asleep and Dh is going to do whatever works for him)  :(
12ish dh feeds LO a bottle
1:45 pat/sh to sleep
3:45 bf
5:10 pat/sh to sleep
6:30 wake up and repeat the day.
This was yesterdays schedule and it was great. We had a party for him two weeks ago and it really messed him up, we also tried oatmeal and it killed his little tummy. I am hoping we are back on track. I also supplement his feeds with formula (Almentium) he dislikes taking it from me, so I struggle to get 2 oz down. His bfing sessions are very brief, maybe 5-10 minutes, except at night he'll feed for 30 minutes.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80