Author Topic: 10 wk old screams when I try to put him to sleep  (Read 720 times)

Offline Rauchla

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 wk old screams when I try to put him to sleep
« on: February 21, 2015, 22:16:09 pm »
My 10 wk old son has started screaming after I swaddled him and try to calm him for his naps. He does not scream for his dad. I am exclusively breast feeding, is he screaming because he expects me to feed him or am I doing something wrong. We try to stick to the 4Ss. Today specifically I did a 5 min wind down then put him in his swaddle and he began fussing which became screams once put up on my shoulder. I tried shh/pat but he continued screaming. After 15 mins I calmed him back down by walking around the house slowly while shh/pat but as soon as I was about to put him down he began screaming again. After 40 mins he finally passed out in his crib with his pacifier. Any suggestions?

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 10 wk old screams when I try to put him to sleep
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 14:30:14 pm »
Babies can react different from mom and for dad. I have experienced this with my DD too. Did you previously nurse your baby to sleep? If so, then yes, it is probably that he expects to be nursed to sleep and is protesting the change. Perseverance should do the trick:p