Author Topic: waking after 30 min when put in bed for night  (Read 1250 times)

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
waking after 30 min when put in bed for night
« on: June 13, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »
So this is my question. What could cause it? He is 8 weeks. I ut him to bed 7 yesterday, he fall asleep pretty easy and was up again half hour later. And then it took about1.5 hour to settle him again. What can i do about this?
Also my other Q is. He usually wakes anywhere between 2-4 in the morning but seems to ake very little to eat(I am BF) and falls asleep on my breast. I put him down and he is fine. Should I feed him at all? Or just stop it?
Our EASY yesterday was:
E 7.30
A
S 8.30-10.30 had to wake him, which causes him to be half sleep and next feed fall later
E 11
A
S 12
E 2
A
S 3.20-3.50, could not make him back to sleep
A
E 4.30
A
S 5.20- 5.40
E 6
A 6 bath
S 7 little food before bed too
A again 7.30
Fall back to sleep around 9-9.30, eating little around 9 too.
also usually he is not taking his morning naps so good. Anywhere about 30-45 min and reast of time I am trying to put him back to sleep. Any solutions?
~Efka~

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Re: waking after 30 min when put in bed for night
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 18:52:38 pm »
Sorry if this sounds obvious, but do you check for wind? My DS was very windy at that age, and would only cry after a feed if he had wind. Even now, he will sometimes wake 30mins into a nap, and when I pick him up, he burps, almost without fail. For him, I'm sure its the cause almost every random 30 mins wake he's had.

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 19:01:12 pm »
Maybe, but it did not sound as wind-cry. It was almost as 30 min nap monster, but it is evening. Could it be his body does not get yet it is evening? Maybe I am too confusing :-\
~Efka~

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 19:18:03 pm »
Hopefully one of the mods will be along soon with some good thoughts.

How long have you been doing the bedtime routine? I always feed C after his bath, as he was always sick if I did it before. Do you feed him in his bedroom or where you normally do during the day?

I tend to do it in his room, so he can get the idea its a different feed - its nightime. In fact he refused his nightime bottle for his grandparents this week, as they tried to feed him downstairs, and would only eat when they took him up - despite me telling them to feed him in his room - argh!

I only started my bedtime routine at 6 weeks, and it takes a while for them to get it, he is only little yet. And I would say he needs WAY more daytime sleep (if you can get it), waking up probably means he's overtired. What about bath and food and bed around 6.30 instead?

How are you with his sleepy cues for naps? You really need to catch them and put them down super-fast at that age.