Author Topic: No more Sippy Cup?  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Gina M

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • 2 cuties
« on: January 18, 2009, 20:30:28 pm »
I transitioned my DD at 13 mos to a sippy cup. She gets 2 a day and then a bottle at night. She is now 14 mos and will no longer drink her milk out of her sippy cup - AT ALL. She'll only drink water out of it. I don't know what happened, she was fine on the sippy cup.

I am adding milk to her cereal, to her jar food (which gets very messy) she is not a fan of yogurt or cheese, so I cannot get in extra dairy this way. I am soaking her graham crackers and her saltines in milk and feeding it to her with a spoon to get in extra milk. This is all so frustrating, annoying, and time consuming! She is spending half her day in her high chair.
Any advice? Thanks!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: No more Sippy Cup?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 22:41:17 pm »
Have you tried a real cup? I know it would be messy, but couldn't hurt to try. Also, does she like soup? I use milk to make cream of tomato or mushroom just to get more dairy in for myself.

HTH
Heidi
Heidi

Offline RyansMum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
Re: No more Sippy Cup?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 22:43:10 pm »
Hiya

What about milky puddings like rice pudding?  How do you think she would do with an open cup and a straw?  Also there are these covered cups with an attached straw by Tommee Tippee I think!  Rather than a sippy cup she would suck through it like a straw.

Offline Gina M

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • 2 cuties
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 00:02:50 am »
Thanks ladies! What good ideas!