Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition - #25  (Read 53184 times)

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition - #25
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2013, 13:25:06 pm »
Poor things, both of you I send you a hug (I know it does not help but still  :)). Is he still sick?

We have weird day  ??? first A 4.25 hr - she was chatting in the crib, playing with feets and paci for 45 min before she fell asleep - but my hand should be always in the crib (my sholders and hands will kill me with half of sitting on my bed and half hanging over the crib  ::)). She was not in the great mood after I woke her up (but not critical) so I put her in the crib after 2.30 hr (fear from OT) and she was sleeping within less than 10 minutes  ???.  I will see for how long she will sleep... hopefully not OT nap
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 13:44:38 pm by tweetie »

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2013, 14:04:23 pm »
Siobhan, we had almost the exact same night.  Woke at 3am and he couldn't ss, so I assisted, then he only slept for maybe 20mins and was up again.  He couldn't ss so I rocked him (he actually let me!) and as soon as I put him in his crib he woke up.  5am and he was still awake.  DH decided to take him for a drive because nothing we were doing was working.  DH said he slept for a half hour in the car, and that was it.

This morning we had swimming lessons so I've only just gotten him down now, and it's 10am.  I'm letting him sleep for as along as he needs.

I don't know what to do either, and honestly...this just isn't worth it to me.  It's not.  I know when we have 2 naps our days are long, and no 2 days are the same...but he's not OT, and he STTN.  Some days we would have long AM nap and a PM CN, some days we would have 2 x 1.20hr naps, it really could vary, but at least we weren't getting any NWs and he wasn't miserable.  Our worst issue was the EW, and honestly at this point I'll take that over the nightmare we had last night.

So, I'm letting him sleep as long as he needs this morning and we'll do a CN this afternoon.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2013, 14:49:09 pm »
I agree. This current situation is working (I use that term loosely) just to get me through the next 2 weeks of class The babysitter can never apop a cn in the afternoon so he was getting super tired. As soon as I'm out of school and home full time I'm going back to pushing out the A in the Am getting a long nap and ether CN or EBT as this is just not worth it. He's whiny, tired, miserable and I can't do it anymore.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2013, 18:59:35 pm »
I am so sorry to hear how your LO's are OT. Definitely they need sleep poor things, I hope they will recover within next few days and you too at least little bit.
I am worried that we will end up the same (first time we did). I will let you know.

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2013, 20:35:10 pm »
Well yesterday went okay, did 3hr A capped nap for 40 mins & we went to a group, I was the one there will the grumpy whiney, clingy child  :( carried on somehow and we did a of 3 hrs and he slept for 2hr 25 woke in the best mood ever so he must have been so tired, then 3hr A to BT! But then heard him wake at 3.50am having himself a little cot party, I'm guessed abit too much DTS and maybe UT at BT due to such a long nap? he was fine at his little party until 5.20am, all this time mummy is not enjoying the party  >:( at which time he started getting upset , so I had to feed him & he slept until 7.10 and woke happy thankfully.

So today I thought we'd try the same again but maybe cap the 2nd nap at 2hrs if needs be first before I start reducing the 1st nap to 30 mins. We did first nap at 10-10.40, 2nd nap he was sleep by 1.45-3.30 BT and asleep 6.50 so fingers crossed no parties tonight!

OTness sucks big time I think sometimes you just have to do as you're already doing and let them sleep as along as they need, push the day out just until they catch up and the. Try again, it's all such a vicious circle though isn't it?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2013, 00:38:38 am »
Thanks Tweetie. Hayley, I would cap that second nap at 2hrs unless he seems OT at the first nap. This OT does stink majorly. :)

**Siobhan**

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2013, 00:59:58 am »
This OT does stink majorly.
Understatement of the year LOL.

We just did a 1.5hr AM nap and a 40min car nap in the PM as we were on our way home from the city.  Put him to bed about 6:45pm and he had 1 OT waking and settled himself about an hour ago.  Hopefully he'll have a decent night and catch up a bit.

As soon as I'm out of school and home full time I'm going back to pushing out the A in the Am getting a long nap and ether CN or EBT as this is just not worth it.
I can't imagine being in school and dealing with this!  I'm sure I'll be feeling that pain when I go back to work in 2 weeks.  Oy!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2013, 01:21:12 am »
It's brutal. I have an internship 2 days a week, and class 2 nights a week. Next semester is worse. I'm so tired. I was up with him at 3:30, of course fell back asleep 10 min before he woke again.

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2013, 06:15:56 am »
God Skadiver I really admire you.
Lindsay it is good he is sleeping, cross my fingers that night will be ok.

Johnnyha65 - we have similar problem (God it returned me back in the past long NW  :'(). Just I am not sure is that is because of long pm nap (1.45 hr) - in her case. She has 5 months long NW background....But I will pay attention on that part

One waking at 11.30 pm I replugged paci (slept so tight that did not look at the watch and did not feed  :-[) but obviously she was fine. First time I heard her at 1.15 am, but I fell asleep so I assume she resettled by herself, I heard her somewhere in the background one or two more times but she started to call me when she heard I am turning in the bed and that was 3.13 am. Then I fed and returned her back to crib (convinced she will fell asleep with full stomach and she was hungry, yeah right) - she was calm, no signs of discomfort, not chatty but not showing signs being tired. I need to admit that I put blinds so tight so you can not see absolutely anything in the room  ;D. I ended up holding her for the hand probably for almost 2 hr or 1.5 hr - I do not know I fell asleep. We slept till 7.20 am and I woke her up. Now she is making mess with bills and the apartment looks like the bomb fall in but I need my coffee break  :P. She is in very good mood.

What is good in the whole story that I got an idea to start to wean that one night feeding - she did not eat as she would be in the past and after WU just took few sips

P.S. I am not so optimistic person in nature maybe she started to teach me ;D

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2013, 08:56:57 am »
I know I am talking to myself but I assume that is also some kind of therapy  ;D.

I am confused she ended up in bad mood and fell down few times pretty bad (walking with holding herself for something) but did not want to give up... I took her and she fell asleep within 10 minutes  ??? A time 3.26 hr, obviously OT is creeping in  :P. What know? How to prevent that it does not become even worse? I will try to make her second A time no more than 2.5 hr but we will see how that will go

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2013, 10:19:54 am »
Hi tweetie you aren't talking to yourself we're just on different time zones its only barely after 6am here.  To be honest in my humble opinion if you are going to sleep train you'll need to stick with it. Thats the oknly way it's going to work. It's not fair to her or you to go back and forth. If you want to wean the hande holding you'll nust need to stop doing it. You can do GW but not hold her hand. Does this make sense? I could just be delerious :)

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2013, 10:43:54 am »
Thank you Skadiver  :). I know I am just joking I mean I need to do that otherwise...  ;D

O for now I am fine with holding hand, when she will need normal time to fall asleep with the hand then I plan to deal with that. I am now just confused is that waking from OT or sleep training regression ?
Her first A time was 3.26 hr - I did not happened I think when she was 7 months old. She woke up alone after 30 min. Do not know what to think?

How two of you are doing?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2013, 10:49:15 am »
Hi tweetie, i think you may find though you cant sleep train her with out removing props, you wont see her able to self settlle if she wakes during naps becuase you arent there to help. It wasnt till I sleep trained Liam that if he woke early from naps was he able to SS. Sometimes in the night heKll sit up and chat but 20min later he'll go back to sleep with out me. Also its not good for your back. I think you may find much more luck if you bite the bullet and gw. Again just my btdt. Do what works best for you. :)

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2013, 12:35:11 pm »
Thank you Skadiver I appreciate it. You are absolutely right what are you saying just I do not have guts to that in that way because of that transition - I am not capable to deal with OT from ST and NT IYKWIM?  :-[

Usually she does not have problems with waking from naps only if she is OT or iif something wakes her up. I do not know what was today.

Day is getting even more weird :
A 3.26 hr
S 30 min
A 2.16 hr who is crazy here  ???

She fell asleep within few minutes in both cases I do not get it  ??? Today is one week of ST

I will see how long she will sleep
edit - sleep is over after 1.08 hr

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:47:18 pm by tweetie »

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2013, 13:07:05 pm »
I didn't have the guts ether but I took away his pacifier at 5 months cold turkey, and bite the bullet and it only took 3 days of crying arching screaming kicking in his crib and after day 1 it got better and better and by day 4 he was putting himself to sleep. He is so much happier for it too as he's not confused by what's going on and I can tell what is cries are now.  That's not to say when he is OT I still don't to sometimes help but it makes it easier to tell if he IS OT because he wont fight a nap if he is ready and I know because he will put himself to sleep does that make sense? If you never ST her, you'll never know exactly why she woke because she goes to bed with your help. You can't really ST her if you aren't removing the props does that make sense? Sorry if I sound pushy I just don't wnat you to be so frustrated and upset about it, because I don't think you are going to get the results you want if you don't wean that hand holding. :)

**Siobhan**