Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition - #25  (Read 53435 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition - #25
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2013, 12:49:22 pm »
Hi Sonbird, so are you ST to remove the patting? I can try to help but have you posted over on the props board? Tweaking and ST is hard as you sometimes don't know what is causing the waking, the prop or a routine issue. What are you doing to ST?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2013, 16:22:02 pm »
What to say.. after over 2 hr NW she slept till 7 am first A 4 hr S 1.36 hr and refused CN I put her in bed at 6.10 pm. I am not going to think about coming night....

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2013, 18:12:25 pm »
Hi tweeting I think Ima said she thinks your A's might be too long? Are you shooting for a long AM nap now instead of the short am/longpm nap? A 1.5hr nap is a good nap except if it's only a one nap day it might not be quite enough but with EBT you should be ok. My lo would refuse the afternoon CN as well if I did a long AM nap so we went for the EBT. That's actually not a bad day and theEBT may help.. Fx for a good night for you.

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2013, 18:35:21 pm »
Yes she did say that. Unfortunately I can not make her sleep if she does not feel like. Before with APOP - yes if it was close to the "right" time now not even with APOP  :'(
Do I have any other choice?  ;D Yes I will try with long am nap ... I am shooting for night without long NW  :P. Thank you Skadiver.

How was your final? And you two - still capping am nap?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2013, 18:39:45 pm »
Hi Tweetie, about how long does it take her to fall asleep? Just asking as maybe you can try just 5/10min sooner? Or maybe shorten or try a different windown? How is the ST going? Finals were good I had 3. All done for the semester :). Still capping the AM nap as I"m not home this weekend. My husband has the lo till sunday night, i'm out of town for work.  I think Monday I might start pushing out that first A and see how we do.

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2013, 19:02:29 pm »
Depends how tired she is - it is not uniform. When I pick the right time she is done within 10 minutes, when I am shooting earlier - most problematic is between naps-  then it takes around 30-40 minutes and yesterday (I think that was yesterday) almost an hour. What is amazing that she goes down very fast for BT - max 20 minutes - what did not happen since she was 4 months old (by then she would fall asleep alone without ST), then we did ST and got till the phase - holding hand - and evenings would take the longest- and now not anymore.

When I did ST first time - I was advised to have short WD and even now when she knows what is coming and I am holding and she wants to get out of my hands. When I put her in the crib and she is fine with that. I could extend WD time maybe?

I am satisfied with ST - but that is me  :). She lays in the crib and does not stand anymore, does not fight, complain, no fussing, just that hand still. I am hoping to get certain constant average time for her to fall asleep i.e. 20 min then I plan to remove hand completely. ST also depends on her mood - one day I went out from the room and she was calling me I think after 10 minutes or so - those days when I put her too early in bed and she does not need me for playing just for help at the end  ;D

I cross my fingers for pushing AM nap. God you are also working? And I am complaining  ::) I should be quiet I am stay at home mum  :-X

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2013, 00:24:25 am »
EBT - 2 issues - 1. she can not fall asleep so early - yesterday that was not the case; 2. sleep 6 hr in the row and that is that..

Beat that - 3.5 hr long NW
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:40:52 am by tweetie »

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2013, 11:40:03 am »
Short WD is just fine. Mine can only handle about 5-10min and then he's in bed. But we do limit activity around 30min before nap so OS isn't a factor as he gets OS easily. So no tv, no toys with sounds or lights. I take him out walking around the yard, or I take him up to my bedroom let him play on my bed with me for a bit and then bring him about 15min before I'd like him to be asleep in to his room. diaper change, quick song or book in the rocker, lights out in the zippy and off to bed. Takes him about 5-10min to fall asleep on his own. That's not to say we don't have days where I have to help him to sleep with patting or have to come in and reassert it's nap time but for the most part he SS. I think with ST you need to get to a point where you just aren't holding her hand anymore. She's become accustomed to the rest but with you in the room she's still needing your hand for sleep. It's so hard to ST when you are doing an UT nap because sometimes you need to apop to sleep and the defeats the ST, that's an issue I had too. So if you are trying for a long am nap short PM CN that's ok. But EBT/SEBT is going to be your friend. I'm not quite undertsanding your last post, language barrier I think :)

I only work a few days a month right now. I'm in school full time and I am in the Air National Guard which here in th US is part time military. :) I will be going back to work next Spring after I graduate but for now I am enjoying part time and being a SAHM.

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2013, 16:02:03 pm »
Thank you Skadiver I appreciate it. Similar wind down time here. I am running away from electric toys since she was 4 months old. We had lots of problems with OS so I know exactly what could be her trigger and recognize OS. Regarding ST you are absolutely right  :). One thing is surprising to me:  APOP does not work for her sleep anymore  ???. If she is tired she wants to be in bed and not in hands or carrier. What I noticed lately - if it is exact time she does not need my hand, she will hold me for a short and let my hand or not even that and fall asleep. Things look different when I put her too early.

Sorry I am tired, far from native english speaker and just writing my thoughts...and talking to myself  ;D .

When I wrote beat that - that was supposed to be joke  ;D - she was awake 3.5 hr last night .

When I was writing about early BT - in the past it never worked for us because she could not fall asleep and when she would fall asleep she would wake up at some point in the night and could not continue to sleep.

The same thing happened yesterday. She slept 6 hr without waking and after that - no way she would go back to sleep.
Today again just one nap, A 4 hr (she was tired, I tried to put her after 2.30 hr, did not work; then I put her after 3.20 hr and she was not ready to fall asleep, playing and finally fell asleep after 4 hr), S 2.15 hr.

Thank you for sharing what you are doing  :) .

We will so again EBT and hoping to have better night.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2013, 16:19:18 pm »
One thing is surprising to me:  APOP does not work for her sleep anymore  .

Unfortunetely it's probably an age thing. Right around that time I think it went to pot for me as well. All of  a sudden if he even remotely "thinks" I'm trying to rock him to sleep he starts arching and screaming at me. He hates it. Has never slept in the stroller and only once or twice in the car when he was forced due to white noise, car motion, and a blanket over his carseat during a trip. Otherwise that's a no go as well.

So I totally understand that. What happened with the NW, could that have been teeth/pain related? That long of a NW says discomfort to me? Are you putting her down at 12hr day or less?

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2013, 17:01:02 pm »
Baby Bjorn carrier saved us in 3-2 transition for CN I would give anything if that would work now  :(

She was always long NW baby - too much sleep during the day, to little A time... everything resulted with long NW. I did not see any swollen gums, maybe there are some movements I do not know. Besides that I did not notice winds, it was not hot, no noise  ???. She wanted to get back to sleep but could not...could be mixture of OT and SA too... I really do not know

edit: EBT I put her yesterday and today after 11 hr

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2013, 01:41:59 am »
Yikes, I've been MIA!

I have taken the "whatever happens" approach lately LOL.  It will come back to bite me I'm sure, but I start back to work full time next week and I don't want my last week with B to be spent completely stressing out about his sleep.  I let him nap as long as he needs in the morning and I'm not really paying too much attention to A times, and he usually does about 1.5hr, then in the afternoon I usually put him down around 3pm for 45mins and BT somewhere between 6:30 - 7pm.  It's actually been working really well because we have REALLY cut down on the EWs (...I clearly just jinxed that!!).  When Ben starts daycare I'm in for a whole pile of OT baby, I know it.  For now...I'll stay in my happy bubble lol :P

Huge (((HUGS))) to those who need them :) 

Finals were good I had 3. All done for the semester
This must feel nice!! 

Offline songbird

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2013, 03:47:02 am »
Hi skadiver yay for finishing your exams!

I have posted on the props board and getting good advice there on the patting.  I'm doing gradual withdrawal to sleep train and aiming to slow down my pats over time.  I must say I haven't done that well so far but she is very persistent and some nights I just gave in because I was just so tired :(

So nights are still pretty bad as per usual, up every 2 hrs or so plus the odd long NW every few days or EW. Day naps are good ish following the 3hrA-30m capped nap-3 hr A - 2 hr nap.

However the long pm nap I generally need to resettle a few times (taking say 5-10m) but after that she would sleep past the 2hr mark (I guess because of the time taken to resettle! )- What do you ladies think?  OT or not tired enough to make it through transition? Thanks!

Lindsay that's great to hear, I feel like I'm obsessed about her A times and routine and would love to just go with the flow too. My family think I'm being overly obsessed about her sleep.... My Lo starts childcare two days a week tomorrow and I can only hope they can help her through a 2 hr nap too  .   
[/url

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2013, 15:45:07 pm »
I don't think any napping is going to happen today. :/ We are getting a new roof installed on our home and the next door neighbor is digging with a backhoe putting in a new pool... It's loud.

**Siobhan**

Offline tweetie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2013, 17:23:20 pm »
We have similar day as yesterday - one nap, EBT.

Last night was better than previous but still bad with multiple wakings, hard to resettle, last one at 3 am took an hour, at the end I was exhausted and put her in my bed  :-[ :-X. I know I should not but she was OT and restless. I fell asleep before her, don't know how long took her to fall asleep :-[

Today we started to work on removing hand  :-X.