Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part 7  (Read 62949 times)

Offline mumofalice

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part 7
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 08:26:48 am »
oh she's got plenty of toddler-ness left! officially it's until shes 4 :-*

Looks like I might be around for a while then  ;)

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 11:05:38 am »
I agree Bernie, you and Alice are fine!

Nathan seemed to be making up for his crap meals a bit yesterday afternoon, so I will post.

B: refused cheese and goldfish, ate a few chunks of nectarine
S: refused rest of nectarine, ate one goldfish cracker
L: blueberries, toddler puffs, cheese, strawberries, and cherry tomatoes; signed for 'more food' so had a second plate of blueberries and toddler puffs
S: vanilla bean ice cream with Mama (it was super hot, and I wanted to get more calories into him)
D: potatoes, mushrooms, and onions cooked in butter and herbs on the bbq, a hot dog weiner, and yellow tomato all dipped in three cheese ranch salad dressing; signed for more so had more potatoes and some pickles; kept gesturing to my plate so I offered him some of my salmon thinking he would refuse it (he usually hates fish)... and he ate half of my piece.

Our dinnertime is going to get more expensive if he has developed more of a taste for salmon! I buy them in four packs, so that throws the numbers off. Oh well. I am happy he ate it... so good for his brain!! I am hoping that today continues to go well with food. I am off to make pancakes for breakie...
Amy

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 13:25:29 pm »
hmm experienced mommies - do toddlers get 'sick' of eating something? She barely touched her eggs this morning

B - a few slices of oranges, a few shreddies (which she enjoyed!) and three bites of egg ???

I've made her different things...like pancakes, french toast...but she just turns her nose to it. :(
*Sarah*

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2010, 13:44:57 pm »
I'm not an experienced as dd is only 14 months but I do find there are days when she will gobble something and then not touch it for weeks.  I think its her way of keeping me on my toes!

Offline mumofalice

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2010, 13:52:13 pm »
I guess with my DD being so 'old' you could say I'm 'experienced' - but as I only have the one LO I still class myself as a beginner LOL!!

I do remember reading or hearing that it's quite normal for LOs to eat one food over and over again til they've had their 'fill' and then not touch it again for a long time - on the other side of the coin tho one point that was put across was to think about it yourself - would you be happy if someone put the same thing in front of you day after day? - At the time I remember thinking that I could eat the same thing over and over again as long as someone was cooking for me I wouldn't care - however, I think what they were trying to say is that we all get bored sometimes  ;)

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2010, 16:56:45 pm »
We're having the same with breakfast these last few days, refusing cereal that he has eaten everyday for ages!

B - 2 mouthfuls of cornflakes, refused the rest. brioche roll instead!
S - carrot sticks
L - toast with marmalade (trying to get away from a 'cooked' meal for every meal!), yogurt, 2/3 banana
S - 1/2 a pear
D - Lasagne, yogurt, a biscuit (the remainder of which is currently being pushed into his shape sorter!  ::) )
Catherine x

Offline mumofalice

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2010, 17:45:33 pm »
Today
B: cereal medley & milk, OJ
S: juice - no food tho! (I was working - DH said she didn't want one  :o However she did sleep in til 8.30am this morning so she had a late breakfast!)
L: 'crustless quiche' (with courgette, carrot, onion, bacon, cheese), bit of tomato (3 of us shared the first RED tomato from the garden  ;D) and mayo for dipping, jelly, water
S: home-made ice lolly (ie frozen juice!), mixed dried fruit (apricots, cranberries, sultanas)
D: pasta with cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, courgette & spring onion, mini muller raspberry rice, water, blackberry & apple muffin

a biscuit (the remainder of which is currently being pushed into his shape sorter!  ::) )

PMSL  ;D

Offline LucySol

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2010, 18:46:34 pm »
oooh crustless quiche Bernie...sounds lovely.How do you make that?

B-bread and butter and pieces of cheese..she asked for it!! grapes
S-refused
L-ravioli,bread and butter.2 yoghurts
S-a mini milk ice cream cos we were out in the sunshine!
D-was supposed to be paprika chicken but we were home too late so it was oven chips,chicken dippers and sweetcorn! pears in juice

Offline teilvnav

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 22:48:23 pm »
a biscuit (the remainder of which is currently being pushed into his shape sorter
Hee hee! What can ya say; he's creative!

MUCH better day today, as predicted:
B: banana pancake with real maple syrup and 1/3 of a peach
S: low sodium Ritz crackers, cheese, and a few bites of chocolate (shared with his loving Mama, of course)
L: mini Mini Wheats, a banana, and a few raisins
S: toddler Mum mums
D: nearly an entire hamburger patty, pickles, red and orange bell pepper chunks, zuchinni chunks, and a few spinach leaves; all dipped in salad dressing
Amy

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2010, 23:15:27 pm »
Today:

Breakfast:
2 Sweet potato pancakes and some blueberries

Lunch:  She was served chicken nuggets, cauliflower and peaches. (she only ate the peaches)

Snack: Yogurt, 1/2 apple sauce muffin (from sneak chef) more peaches

Dinner: Was served meatloaf, green beans, sweet potato chips, broccoli chunks and cheerios. (ate the cheerios, a couple of pieces of meatloaf and 1 chip)

So today was not the greatest of days for us.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2010, 23:18:28 pm »
Not eating much with this horrible virus but at least having some and staying hydrated. Today was:

B: None - he was sleeping and fever too high
L: small piece challah french toast, some cantaloupe
S: few goldfish crackers
D: few bites baked tilapia, most of a yogurt, some strawberries (refused rest of fish, broccoli and raisin toast)
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 02:11:05 am »
had a bit of a break through! Turns out, as you ladies mentioned, she was sick of her limited choices I was giving her. Here I was thinking babies tend to like the same things ??? ;D

B - spinach pancakes (she ate 3/4th of it!), a few shreddies, a few slices of oranges, 1 date
S - strawberry mummum, half a croissant
L- almost a full salmon cake, strawberry, lots of blackberries
S - half a cheese biscuit
D - attempted many things: a couple of bites of chicken, some shreds of meat, cheese bits of a grilled cheese on bread..lots of grapes..

didn't really want dinner. Skipped the afternoon feed but didn't feed much before bed. I wonder if she was "full" from breakfast and lunch! She's such a puzzle sometimes ;D

Thanks ladies..your suggestions and ideas have definitely helped me a lot. :-*
*Sarah*

Offline teilvnav

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2010, 02:32:03 am »
B: half of a large banana pancake (I had the other half) dipped in strawberry yogurt, and 1/2 of a peach
S: Toddler mum mums and a banana
L: cheese, chicken breast, and toast with butter, dipped in mustard
S: green beans, low sodium Ritz crackers
D: red and orange bell pepper chunks, zuchinni, tomato, mushrooms, and bits of steak (from our meal of beef stew, so very soft and easy to chew), all dipped in the broth from the stew
Amy

Offline mumofalice

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2010, 05:41:43 am »
oooh crustless quiche Bernie...sounds lovely.How do you make that?

Lucy - it's Deb_in_Oz's infamous zucchini slice from the menu planning thread  ;) Surely you must've made it by now LOL!!! I've used it so many times - we all love it and it's an easy dish (as long as you've got FIVE eggs!!). I can point you in the right direction if you haven't come across it yet.

Amy - love the new avatar - Nathan looks so grown up all of a sudden! Might be time to update mine soon - as the current one is nearly 2 yrs old  :o Just one of my fave pics of DD and DH tho.

Anyway . . . yesterday looked like this:
B: cereal medley, shared a sliced apple with me, OJ
S: yoghurt covered fruit flakes, water
L: cheese & mayo sandwich, chopped up tomato & cucumber on the side, few frazzles (bacon flavoured crisp type snack for the non-UK ladies  ;)), mini apple muller rice, water
S: fab ice lolly, apple & blackberry muffin, juice
D: scampi, chips & peas with mayo for dipping, home-made blackberry & apple crumble with custard, juice, home-made 'rocky road' (rice crispies, shortbread, marshmallows, etc)

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2010, 09:35:45 am »
Yesterday:-

B - 1.5 weetabix
S - Brioche roll, 1/2 banana
L - 2 bites of a peanut butter sandwich, the rest got thrown! 2 yogurts
S - some rice pudding, 1/2 an apple, carrot sticks
D - Sausage, mash & peas. yogurt
Catherine x