Author Topic: Sleep at an all time low - what time for nap today?  (Read 744 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Sleep at an all time low - what time for nap today?
« on: September 18, 2014, 05:16:26 am »
DD (17mos) has had dire sleep for a week. Huge screaming tantrums either at bedtime or the MOTN - or both such as last night.

She's so OT it's untrue but she's just not catching up.

So last night after putting her into her cot just after 5.40pm (after a 5.20wu and only a 50min nap) she finally stopped screaming and tantruming and went to sleep at 8!

She then woke at 1.20 and only wanted DH. Took about 30mins to resettle. Then she was awake at 5.40 this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep although obviously shattered.

So my question is what time should I try her nap today? She's with MIL and not CM so can be more flexible. 11/11.30?

At my wits end with this kiddo right now  :(
Lauren

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Sleep at an all time low - what time for nap today?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 17:11:12 pm »
Would she do two naps? That is a super long day if she won't do an ebt!
Heidi

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 17:14:42 pm »
Would she do two naps? That is a super long day if she won't do an ebt!
This was my thought. My DD really struggled to catch up when that OT, so I would throw in a 2 nap day. The first for 20min in the car around 3.5-4hr after waking and the second 3hr after the first. It worked great for her all the way until she was about 2yrs!

Offline Aishi

• Showing Appreciation 105
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 17:21:49 pm »
That is a really long day. I would have thought that BT was too late even at 5.40 after a 50 min nap. Have u tried super ebt? Like 4.45? My dd is 32 mo and can only handle a 11h nnd which means ebt here of 5/5.30. Last few days I've been doing 30mun can to extend day but overall day length is still only 11h10 min of that makes sense?

So at your DDS age if wu was 5.20, nap 50 min, BT 4.45 (asleep for) so less than 12h day...but my dd is HSN and does tack on sleep...
aishi :)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 21:49:25 pm »
I was working and we didn't actually get in until just before 5.30 so it was literally in and straight upstairs into pj's and into bed.
She had a 2hr 20 min nap yesterday and we've had another similar length today so I'm hoping we're starting to catch up a bit. BT has been easier too so I'm hoping we might be over the worst of it?

2 naps usually does work... Apart from last wk end when I tried (although she had an ear infection so could have been why)

So shall I try 2 naps for a few days or stick with the earlier 1 nap and EBT?
Lauren

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 03:20:54 am »
If you think she's coming around and the nap has lengthened, sticking with one should be fine. If it wasn't getting any better, I'd say to do two. It's really up to what you think will work best for her.