Author Topic: Implimenting EASY  (Read 1088 times)

Offline stephandbella422

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 30, 2006, 02:41:35 am »

Hi.  My daughter is 4 months 1 week and we just read the beginning of the Baby Whisperer and realized that we were doing accidental parenting and that we need to put Bella on the EASY program.  Here are a few questions: 1)  We want to start observing tomorrow and then start implementing the program starting Friday morning at 7AM.  But, we go to church and have to be there Sunday morning because we volunteered for something.  We were wondering if we could start some of the stuff (waking Bella up at 7, following the scedule, etc.) while not being as rigid as Tracy suggested for the first two weeks.  Will this work?  Also, I just signed up for MOPS and the first meeting is next week on Wednesday morning at 9:15 and goes till 12 noon.  How will I work around this?  ANy help will be much appriciated.  THanks!

Stephanie 

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Implimenting EASY
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 02:53:58 am »
I think its best you start when you can devote the time needed. EASY isn't easy to do, but its even harder if you can't be consistent. Wait untill you have at least e few days to impliment it, although to be honest it will work better if you spend the time on it, especially with your DD being older.
Kimberly

Offline stephandbella422

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 13:59:09 pm »
Can we start some of the stuff and see some results?  Like, usually I give her a bath and then feed her.  Can I feed her and then bathe her?  Can I do PU/PD?  And sort of do the EASY idea?

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 14:05:19 pm »
You can deffinitly do some of the technec's. Pat/Shh is a great one to start with, if you can guide your LO into a paturn of eating, activity and then sleep then you are well on your way. The main idea is to brake the eat to sleep assosiation. Whatever you can do to help that along is great for you and for your LO.
Kimberly

Offline stephandbella422

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 14:55:02 pm »
Thanks!  What are some other things I can do to break the ES pattern?

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 15:46:06 pm »
mostly just make sure Activity come after eating and eating comes after sleep, and that your LO is down awake, try to avoid feeding to sleep.
Kimberly