Author Topic: The day ending early when baby wakes up from naps early  (Read 968 times)

Offline SofisMom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
The day ending early when baby wakes up from naps early
« on: November 11, 2014, 13:02:23 pm »
I recently switched my 4.5 month old daughter to the 4 hour EASY routine. Her naps are usually 2 hours, but some days she makes them 1.5 hours or 1.75 hours. When that happens, I just continue with the day's routine from the point she wakes up and put her back down to nap again after 2 hours because she generally is pretty tired by 2 hours. In that case, what do you do when the day is ending almost an hour earlier for her? I don't want her to go to bed for the night an hour too early because I'm afraid she'll wake up too early (which we're already dealing with right now ever since daylight savings, she's been waking up at 6am instead of 7am).

Any advice?
Mom to two daughters, born June 2014 and March 2016. BW worked great on my first, can't wait to see results with my 2nd!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: The day ending early when baby wakes up from naps early
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 20:38:12 pm »
You could allow a longer third nap?  Generally though most people don't find that earlier bedtime = earlier WU, not if you are getting LO to bed when they are tired but not overtired.  If she sleeps less in the day she may tack the extra onto her nights :)

Offline SofisMom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 22:34:50 pm »
Alright, thanks! I appreciate it :)
Mom to two daughters, born June 2014 and March 2016. BW worked great on my first, can't wait to see results with my 2nd!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 08:49:00 am »
Let us know if we can help any more :)