Author Topic: FRUSTRATION WITH 45 MIN NAPS  (Read 5752 times)

Offline mom2liam

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: FRUSTRATION WITH 45 MIN NAPS
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 20:40:42 pm »
Hi Guys

I wrote the original posting as I was getting so tired of the 45min naps, I felt like I had no time to myself....

Since writing I decided to stop trying to extend the naps as it was too draining and nothing seemed to work. I have covered the window with an extra sheet to keep out the light, and the first day I did this, he slept for 1 1/2 hours for a couple of days, he has since gone back to 45- 1hour naps. Even when he wakes up and is obviously still tired I don't try and extend it as it gets him even more upset, I instead bring him downstairs. I usually find that he will take another nap before the next feed if his first nap was 45mins. It just got too stressful after 3 weeks of PU/PD and W2S, I couldn't do it to myself or the baby anymore. I feel much happier now, Yeah, I still get a little frustrated when he only naps for 45mins, but I just watch for the signs and put him down again if he needs it.......

In my opinion (I am no expert) I would definately give up trying to extend if it makes you miserable, it's not worth it, you should enjoy your time with your child..

GOOD LUCK
Wendy 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:50:02 am by mom2liam »
Mom2Liam

Offline ginger72

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Michelle - A Brit Living in France
Re: FRUSTRATION WITH 45 MIN NAPS
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 07:12:30 am »
I must admit I do feel torn between pushing him to extend (both A and S) and just wanting to be relaxed about it. I think if he were happier during his A time (particularly in the afternoon) I would be happy to let it be a bit. However he seems so cranky it's no fun for either of us. I just wish it were easier and it didn't feel like such hard work, but I guess that's just how it is.

I don't think the grumpiness is boredom as I try to be as creative/varied as possible with A time (while trying to balance not over-stimulating him nearer the end of the day).

I'll try some gentle A extending today and give version 2) of W2S a try - please keep your fingers crossed and thanks so much once again Wendy & Stacy for your help and advice.

Michelle