Author Topic: Is a train table worth the money?  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Mashi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 408
« on: August 11, 2010, 13:42:07 pm »
I have finally let DH talk me into getting DS a Brio train set .. I've been against it because of the cost but his cheapie ikea one is getting so much use and can't really be expanded well enough so I've agreed to add it to his Christmas list.

But then I have decided that I do not want to be taking apart and putting together this intricate train set 10 times a day as we do with his ikea one.  So I would like to keep it set up on a train table.

And then I priced train tables  :o :o

Does anyone have one and think it is actually worth the expense? Did your children get a lot (like a LOT LOT) of use out of it? Was it useful for anything other than a train set?   

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 13:46:59 pm »
Not any help from me, but here is a link from xmas that maybe has some ideas for you.

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=159713.0

Offline LucySol

• Showing Appreciation 55
Re: Is a train table worth the money?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 14:05:54 pm »
Hey Mash!

we had the toys r us one for Ben.it was about £200 i think but it was well worth the money....he still plays with it now! And Daisy loves it too! it came with a good amount of stuff!!!

you couldnt use it for anything else tho xxxx

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 14:14:40 pm »
My sister got one from Argos that I think was around £75, her DS seems to have loved it and my DS loves it too. Not sure if I'd get one or not as I'm not sure I really have the room, but we'll see......!!
Catherine x

Offline MLK

• Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 14:21:09 pm »
We haven't got a train table but we borrow the Brio sets from the toy library - and any with elevated tracks are so frustrating. The tracks just rest on blocks of wood (at least the ones from the toy library so are a bit old) and they fall down at the drop of a hat.  The only bridges that are any good are the ones with the tunnel underneath so they don't have to balance on blocks of wood.

I remember with DS1 at this age, whenever he would annoy the cat she would rush over and knock his train bridges over - lots of warring going on there!

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 14:23:48 pm »
was soooo worth it for us, but we bought it used I think for abt $200 we got a decent table, drawers that go under it and loads of trians and tracks....so worth it!
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 14:33:17 pm »
I now have my sister's train table...we use it for barbies! She lives in a small place and once she had her second the table just took up too much room. I keep meaning to actually buy a train set, but right now barbies are the thing. I think if you have the space it would be great, and alot less cleaning up or tripping over trains & tracks.
Heidi