Author Topic: Bfeeding but want to give bottle at night  (Read 848 times)

Offline jellybabe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Bfeeding but want to give bottle at night
« on: August 14, 2006, 13:02:07 pm »
I've just read that some woman use SMA white for nightfeed and their babies sleep though the night. My baby is almost 4 weeks old and sleeps really bad at night. He sleeps on average about 4 hours a night. In the morning he wakes at about 5am at doesnt fall asleep for about 3 hours again. He gets really fussy and cries coz he is tired, and I think its combined with mild reflux which makes him spit up alot. The health visitor gave us  Gaviscon infant but usually after a feed i dont get time to give it to him coz he spits up almost immediately afterwards. He then takes the meds but cries inbetween.He is also very gassy during the night which makes him fussy and wakes himself. I want to try the SMA formula at night (supposidly its got a thicker consistancy)to see if it fills him better and he wakes up less. But im afraid it might make the reflux worse as breast milk is best?

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Bfeeding but want to give bottle at night
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 13:36:14 pm »
Hi Jellybabe
You really need to think about if you are going to start introducing a bottle for the right reasons.

Are you doing for your own reasons to get your LO to sleep longer? or because you have weighed up the pros and cons of introducing your Lo to a bottle? Does it have to be formula? Have you tried pumping milk?

The are some huge health benefits assosiated with exclusively breastfeeding your LO, have you had a chance to look at the breastfeeding FAQ faq's   

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=68263.0

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Bfeeding but want to give bottle at night
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 13:37:16 pm »
Forgot to say... if you are set on introducig formula at night, then there is a support group here  https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=68301.0
Lauren x