Author Topic: The Case of the Soggy Pancake - relief for teethers?  (Read 801 times)

Offline Gypsymom

• aka Shannon
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • DS1 - born May 1/08 DS2 - born May 14/10
    • Rainstorm Whitenoise
The Case of the Soggy Pancake - relief for teethers?
« on: June 22, 2009, 21:44:11 pm »
My DS is almost 14months. He's cutting two molars and has been off a lot of his fave foods. His modus operandi these days has been to take just a bite or two of something and then throw the rest off the tray. He definitely seems to eat better when he thinks he's 'snitching' food off Mom/Dad's plate. We try to give him something to play with (like Cheerios) while we dart quick bites of something else in at the same time. Today at breakfast he was refusing pancakes (which has been popular in the past) and I thought it would be good (because it's soft) for this sore-looking-gums.

In the end, I swept all of the cut up pancake into a bowl, doused it in whole milk, heated the bowl and spoon-fed him. He ate the entire bowl! I had trouble smothering my giggles.

Quick poll: do you feed your LO every time they ask for food?

Offline Texomamama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: The Case of the Soggy Pancake - relief for teethers?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:56:01 am »
I just had to read this post based on the title alone.  "The Case of the Soggy Pancake".  Sounds like a children's book.  Too funny. Anyway, my 20 mo daughter is not a big eater, but I have realized over the past few weeks she is getting really into asking for food just for the sake of asking (rarely actually eating it).  She will stand at the fridge or pantry and wail unless I open it (which I almost always do), at which time she takes great pains to look for specific items and then runs off and snacks for a while.  I definately need to nip this in the bud fast, she is really starting to walk all over me, but part of me is happy she is actually showing an interest in food.