Author Topic: how to arrange the naps if DS is LSN to avoid NW?  (Read 16306 times)

Offline koe2moe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
Re: how to arrange the naps if DS is LSN to avoid NW?
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2015, 06:35:34 am »
Hi hi.  Lots of hugs.

I want to know if EBT has ever been suggested?  I found for my DS, if his Wu time started shifting earlier, then his Wu time became his perfect bedtime 12 hours later.  So if he woke up at 6, his bt should be 6 for that day and he would sleep would long NW and he might still Wu at 6 the next morning (usually later) and then he was less OT. This way Lo is well rested so you can keep Lo from too OT. Then it is easier to find the right A time. 

If you want to try this, only try 3-5 days, then review.  Usually if you find the right time, (in the few causes that I have helped on), you should see improvements quite soon. 

Are there any posts you need translating? 

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2015, 07:00:30 am »
亲爱的koe2moe,
如果可以,把他们的关于建议的多翻译给我吧,包括刚才你写的,虽然我看得懂大部分,但最近缺乏睡眠,昏昏沉沉的。

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2015, 09:29:17 am »
Gejun,

marti 的建议是:
目标是第一个觉达到1.5h,达不到的话,第二个A,不超过3h.
2.5-4hA都有可能的,因为每一个lo都不同。这个是你要寻找的。
如果WU是6:30,那9:30nap只有3hA。可以尝试延长A,希望可以延长睡的时间。你可以直接10:00 nap,或者是每天迟一点10-15分,慢慢来。这是每一个lo都不同的。
另外,我的建议是,如果他6点醒来,6点晚上是他的bedtime。这叫EBT(early bed time). 目的是让避免OT累积。如果他睡得够,你可以比较容易找到他真正需要的A。这个是我自己的经验。如果你要试的话,3-5天已经够了。通常是适合的话,已经可以看到改善。
我打中文很慢。我觉得你的理解是对的。不然的话,我会跟你解释。希望能帮到你。
Hugs, Koe

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2015, 10:49:43 am »
太感谢你了,虽然互不相识,你已经给了我很多无私的帮助了。
关于Marti 你的建议,我的疑问是当第一觉还没达到1个半小时,第二觉是随他睡多久吧,以为第一觉不够长,第二觉不能只睡半小时吧。

另外,你的建议正式我需要的,我觉得baby已经累积了oT,如果太累的话可能调整起来怎么都不对。你是指控制不让他的白天过得太长,这样3~5天可以让他从ot的状态回到正常状态吗?这几天是不是应该根据他困的信号让他睡,想睡多久睡多久,有点儿像另一位女士给的第一个建议。如果第二觉不够长,就提早上床。

可不可以应该控制每个白天的时间在不超过13个小时,因为我的baby从未有过连睡12个小时的经历,从小就不爱睡觉,每天三个catnap. 如果他能规律地在7点晚上睡觉,估计晚上他最长也只能达到11~11.5个小时。剩下只有两个小时留给了白天,像是大孩子一个午觉的时间,所以感觉怎么安排都不行。

昨天没有夜醒,但是早上5点多就醒了,所以我刚才6点就让他睡了。

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2015, 12:49:12 pm »
不谢。我们都是在这里互相帮忙的。
1)对的。第一觉短的话,第二觉就像你已经做的,比较长,让他睡。希望慢慢第一A延长后可以延长第一觉。有些lo适合第一觉短第二觉长的。但是你的第二觉也延长不了。所以,提议是尝试延长。
2)关于我提议的EBT,因为有些lo,醒来更早,5:30,那样更糟糕。所以如果不适合他的话,就算了。你已经让他EBT。我试过要用SEBT(Super early bed time).  意思是早于6:00的bedtime. 
我自己 孩子的情形是5:30bedtime,迟5分钟也不行,但他睡到7:00。
清楚一点吗?
Koe

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2015, 14:00:59 pm »
清楚些了。孩子的觉其实秩序性很强,前一觉长了,后一觉就短,或者相反,只是有时不是那么容易被成人算出来的。我的孩子也曾有过很天使的阶段,所以现在的混乱让我不知所措。我试图让他更有规律些,虽然不知道会不会成功,也许快成功时他又长大了,变化了,没准儿过两个月只需要睡一个午觉了。我忽然发现其实即使有经验的妈妈,也有混乱的阶段吧。最后一切总会过去,在这里可以找到帮助,同时在这里和大家讲出来也放松自己,“原来不止我自己遇到了麻烦”!一直很天使的宝宝可能只在比人家吧。

具体的情况只能靠自己摸索了,主要是在这个过程中避免OT, 如果要做任何改变,都要逐步的改变,你提到的避免OT, 主要是控制白天的长度,还有EBT, 还有其他避免OT的办法分享吗?下面这些情况遇到过吗?帮我看下分析的对不对:

我自己感觉如果早醒了,好像如果任由他在早上距他醒来后较短的时间睡太长,类似补觉的话,好像会恶性循环。夜醒如果很开心的话可能是UT, 其他夜醒可能就是OT或是其他不舒服了,早上早醒如果很快又睡回去可能是OT了,如果醒来很开心的cot play,有可能就是UT了吧。
白天睡觉时,如果我把他放下,十几分钟还不睡,是不是不够累,不想睡?如果不够累,但习惯在某个时间睡觉后,是不是也会去睡觉?另外,我遇到过很多次白天nap过程中醒来一小会儿又睡着的情况,每次出现这种情况晚上也会睡不好,感觉这种nap的修复性特别差,是不是睡前太累了?应该更早些让他睡,像marti讲的。
最后,我好像没有什么resettle 的方法,因为通常他即使夜里醒来,也很少大哭,自己累了会再睡,但时间会比较长,你们都怎么做的呢?

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2015, 15:39:49 pm »
你的理解已经很不错。如你说的,孩子成长的阶段变化很大。其他影响睡眠的因素可以很多。我已经将Marti列的翻译过。
十分钟才睡着可能是以上的原因,UT或OT。我们都觉得你的方法很适当。睡觉还是要宝宝自己的。你们的情况真的不错。别过份着急。晚上醒来而不需要你帮忙的是他学习的过程,不打扰他是最好的方法。
加油!!

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2015, 05:58:13 am »
yesterday he was tired around 18:00, have to put down at 18:30, today he woke up at 5:30, no NW, stired aournd 4:00 ,after 5:00, seems slight sleep.
He showed signs before 8:00, I put him down at 8:50, asleep at 8:52, I don't want him catch up lost sleep quickly.
I want to let him sleep as he want to recovery from OT, but he woke after 39mins, is a overtired nap? he is ok without cry after this nap, but not very happy too, so I think he was not rest well from this nap, if I put him at 12:30, he must be very tired at that time, so I still put him down at 12:00, he asleep quickly, but still a broken nap with a cry at 36mins,but not wake, then wake at 13:20 with cry, cann't asleep again.  is the A from the first nap is still too long today? is he still OT before 12:00, I haven't got  a solid nap over 1hr, will be habitual ? if so ,it's terrible.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2015, 19:44:42 pm »
Honey I am sorry but I don't follow the routine you are going for.

35-45min time naps can be both UT or OT so it's difficult to say. I would say first nap was rather UT and he was not interested in any catch up... Second nap probably also UT as you could extend and you usually was quite successful with that. Probably because first nap was too long to expect a long nap at 12 noon.
~Marta

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2015, 20:17:02 pm »
Marti 的意思是她没有试过你的routine,所以她不知道。

35-45 分可以是UT或OT。很难说。她觉得有可能第一觉太长,所以12点不够累。routine 好像是第一觉短,不超过30分。

如果EBT不适合你的lo,就算了吧。

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 20:24:25 pm by koe2moe »

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2015, 00:30:25 am »
I want to stick the Sheyone routine, but the day before yesterday I just allow him to sleep over 30mins ,maybe I asleep at that time. yesterday with Nw, I woke him at 6:30,after 20mins nap, he cried out at 13:00, less than 1hr, he cann't asleep again, I have no expence to resettle him, he looks OT, tired at 16:00. after a CN, I woke him , he was very very upset and cried. he seldom cried, so yesterday was bad, I thought he was very tried yesterday, so BT early at 18:20, he woke 5:57 this morning , NW 4:20~4:40.

last week , we had almost got rid of NW, but his noon nap became shorter and shorter,  unstalble and unpredicable. last week, after wake from the noon nap, he could resettle himslef easily, but this week, he cried out to end the nap. I don't know if I should resign from this routine, for these book is so thick, I am afraid maybe I did somethingwrong,for example swaddle, communication and so on, I guide him to play in the cot, lie down when changing nappy, but seems still much need to do,  and I hate waking him.

The reAson I choose this routine is I never be successful with two long naps or short am with long afternoon, alway total 2hrs , it's hard to reach the BT, and his longest night is 11hr 20min, mostly 11hrs.

If I resign from this routine, for a long morning nap and a short afternoon nap,  it's difficult since his waking time always 6:00~6:20
. I lost my mind now, Just want to keep him away from OT.

any suggestion about routine to cater his demand?

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2015, 07:31:43 am »
Gejun, hugs.

His night was longer.  It seems like you are doing all the right things.  When you calm down and trust yourself, your baby will feel calmer, too.  Try and keep the first nap short and it seems to be going the right direction.  Follow your gut feeling about earlier bedtime.

晚上睡眠时间是长了。你已经掌握的很好。如果你能够放松下来,你的宝宝也会放松的。重点是第一觉短,不多于30分,那就好了。至于bt,你照你的感觉吧。放松些吧。

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2015, 11:41:42 am »
最后还有一个问题,以前早上睡30或45分钟时,只要下午睡两个小时,中间睡到1小时15分钟时肯定醒,醒了会再睡,但醒了还是累,坚持不到晚上睡觉就困了。感觉这种长觉修复力很差,而且当晚一定睡不好,肯定夜醒。有没有遇到过这种情况?为什么他的长觉总是不连贯的呢?
这个帮我翻译下,看有没有遇到过类似情况的。长觉过程中不同的时间段哭醒可能是什么原因?
早觉的长短会影响下一个活动时间的长短吧,45分钟后的下一个活动时间肯定比30分钟要长吧。

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2015, 20:14:08 pm »
I'm going to translate the last post:

I have a last question: before when the morning nap was 30-45 mins, second nap would be 2 hours.  During the nap, around 1h15, always woke, but would go back to sleep.  But when he woke from the nap, he was always still tired.  He couldn't last till bt.  I feel that long nap is not restful enough and the night sleep was always not good and definitely woke in the night.  Have you had this happened before?  Why is his long nap not consistent?

Please translate this for me, see if there were similar situations before.  Waking up crying in the middle of a nap, what is the cause?

The length of first nap should affect the following A time, right?  After 45 min first nap, the following A should be longer, right?

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2015, 02:28:37 am »
Hi Marii85.
I decide to resign from the 20mins routine, and try long am and short am , how long a day should keep?
if he wake up early , should add a CN to extend the day?
today he wake up 5:30, peaceful night without NW. Put down at 9:00, got a consistent nap around 1hr 10min, if another nap after 3~3.5hr, I think the nap will be around 40mins, it will be a long time till 19:00