Author Topic: 9mo old night terrors?  (Read 931 times)

Offline scsparks06

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
9mo old night terrors?
« on: April 09, 2012, 14:33:13 pm »
I am just curious if anyone else's baby wakes with what seems like night terrors? My DS never woke like this, so I don't know what it is. She just seems to be a very vocal sleeper. We will hear her cry or scream out in her sleep. Usually she continues sleeping, but it seems about once a night she wakes just screaming (luckily she has such a little cry, it's not that loud). It's a little wild when I am in the middle of a deep sleep myself! She just needs to be rocked back to sleep for a few minutes and she's fine. But she seems genuinely upset, maybe a dream, maybe that she's tired and is irritated because she wants to keep sleeping. It's never at the same time at night either, somewhere between 11 - 4. Anyone else?

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 9mo old night terrors?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 09:14:45 am »
Bumping for you

I'm not sure 9 month olds can get NT but I know a few ladies who LOs have been through them so I'll see if I can get some more eyes on this for you.

Iknow my LO sometimes does a cry out in his sleep. Sometimes they do it in their sleep, sometimes it's when they wake suddenly then drift Back off...

Also OSduring the day can cause N like this I 'think' :-\ xx
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: 9mo old night terrors?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 13:27:21 pm »
If I'm remembering correctly, I think my DS's NT's started around this age - certainly before he was 1yr.

It does sound like NT's, but they don't usually happen as late into the night as you are describing.

OT is always the cause here, and OS as Sara says. Could she be OT?
Catherine x