Author Topic: 7 month old angel turned little devil!  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Willowsmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 7 month old angel turned little devil!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 13:43:26 pm »
Oh dear... Fluke after all :( day time naps have been very poor the last couple
Of days and it really is a struggle to get her to sleep for longer than 30mins... Can anyone suggest any techniques for increasing nap times as I am almost certain she would sleep more soundly on a night if she was rested during the day.
Spoke to hv about reflux and she suggested propping up cot to see if that helps. X

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 22:53:57 pm »
What are her A times now? Wonder if you are there at 25min and resettle straight away when she stirs if that would work to extend the nap?

Spoke to hv about reflux and she suggested propping up cot to see if that helps.
There are more tips on the Colic, Reflux, & Crying board.

Offline Willowsmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 20:04:41 pm »
Hey sorry for late reply. Yes I've been there I resettle her as you suggested and its working a treat  as yesterday she had a 1.5 hour nap and only 2 nw! Progress! I will keep you posted! X

Offline becj86

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 01:25:22 am »
Yay for progress :)

Offline Willowsmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 20:38:02 pm »
Early days and not quite in the realms of 'success stories' yet but OH MY DAYS! We have had the most full nights sleep in the last week than we have in the (almost) 8 months since our little lady arrived! Fluke?! Can't be!!! Don't get me wrong she still has her moments but these are much less frequent and less hysterical but progress is progress! We have been consistent with daytime naps and our approach on a night (trying to follow baby whisper and all the advice we've had on here) and I feel like a new woman/mum as a result! I can finally get on a morning (when she sleeps through!) and feel excited again to see her and give her all the praise, love and attention she deserves instead of being a tearful, grouchy depressed mess! I know i should be thankful that I have a baby to get up to (even if it is 15+ times a night) but these last few weeks have been sooooo hard! Sleep is so important! I rested mummy ad baby makes for a happy life!!! Thanks so much for everything so far (especially bec86) and I will endeavour to keep you posted! Xx :) :) :)

Offline becj86

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 00:21:22 am »
rested mummy ad baby makes for a happy life!!!
Absolutely :)

So glad you're getting more sleep and that LO is more rested ;D