Author Topic: DF Question  (Read 1161 times)

scucci1979

DF Question
« on: November 06, 2010, 05:04:38 am »
I know the DF is supposed to be between 10-11pm but with two children I am in bed before 10pm.  Instead, I have given Alyssa a DF at 9pm and am not sure if is working for her. She is on a three hour EASY and drinks around5-6ozs at 7:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 4:30pm, 6:30pm and has a top up before bed between 7-7:30pm.  I then give her a DF at 9pm, where she drinks about 4ozs.  Her NFs vary. With the DF it can be anywhere between 12:30am-2am. She then may have another feed around 5am.
How do I know if it is working for her? Is it? Should I stop?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: DF Question
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 09:32:58 am »
I suppose the only way to know is to stop for a few nights and see what happens - see if she wakes earlier or continues to wake at the normal time for her.

I would think that DF is a bit early to get a full effect as it's only 1.5 hours after her last feed. If you can't do it any later you may be better just waiting for her to wake when she is hungry and see how that works for you all.

Laura

scucci1979

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 13:58:00 pm »
Makes sense. I should try it for a couple of days. Last night she had two extra feeds.

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 03:32:22 am »
I would stop and see as well.

Good luck  :-* :-*

Offline Texomamama

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 17:26:05 pm »
Yep, seems a bit early for a DF.  Many days, my DH does the dream feed (which is the only effort he makes towards child care) around 11 or 11:30.  That's because he stays up much later than I do.  Lately, he has been going to bed earlier too, so I did the DF around 10 or 10:30, and it seemed like that hour difference made little impact on when she woke up in the night.  One night last week, she went all the way till 6 am :)  Then, two days where she woke at 3 am, then last night, back again till 5 am (and that was after taking less than 2 oz at her DF).  So, it is all over the map.  I am kind of to the point where I know I want her to eat (or at least try to) around 10, but I try not to worry about it too much.  I don't care whether she wakes at 3 or 5, the problem is when the wakes NEXT, because the next feed being at 6 means another wake up for me, kwim?

scucci1979

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 01:13:59 am »
makes sense.
I will see how this week goes without that feed. :-*