Author Topic: A time!  (Read 11690 times)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 16:57:50 pm »
I will try it that way. She is again crying right now,  :'(.  I really thought it was ot by bedtime,but now we put her at the good time in bed and she is  screaming like crazy.

Every time we leave the room she begins.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2014, 13:38:51 pm »
Hello Kellys,

What can I do if the day ends earlier and aerlier? You say give her a time of 2,45, but today she did wake up at 6 her last nap was at 14.20, two short naps of 35/40 minutes.

I think putting her at 5 in bed is to earlier? Don 't you think?  I afraid my day wil start even earlier.What is your advice, is there a mimium bed time.

I seems to me that my little one really doesnt react  at A time that are longer.

She didnt cry last night when we put her in bed, but woke up at 3 and 5 she slept after 10 minutes so that is good, she olso did wake up a few times but did slep without coming in, she cried hard for 5 minutes and then went to sleep.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: A time!
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2014, 13:47:19 pm »
What are the A times like now Mary throughout the day? Is she waking happy from those 2 short naps? If so, another bump in A time might be needed. She's capable of longer naps, but I think she's sensitive to UT like mine is.

I  think the earliest BT I've done is 5.30pm. I know you're afraid your day will start earlier, but that's not always the case. Many lo's add on their extra sleep they've missed. Some, however don't, so it's a case of finding out to see!

So glad your nights are better.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2014, 16:27:58 pm »
Thank you for your support, Kellyjs  :)

I kept the A time at 3 and 3,50, 3 before bed. I don t understand the difference between undertired and overtired.

I put her earlier in bet and you said she is maybe undertired, but you also said she could be overtired. How do I now what it is.

She is now wakeing up earlier, i have NW and she has trouble when i bring her to bed, that sounds like ot, or not.

My other question is, my  baby is sleeping like 2 hours in total a day, should i then put her earlier to bed or only if this is even less then 2 hours or olso if the time between te last nap en bedtime is getting to long. So when do you put her earlier to bed. Or always 2,45 hours after last nap?

My day today;

Woke up at 6,15 to bed at 9,15 slept only  35 minutes (looks verry tired, we had a bad night she woke up at 3 and 5 cried for 10/15 each time then went to sleep when we give pacifier, woke up also 5 o 6 times cried for 5 minutes and then went to sleep by herslef)

Then 13,40 till 15.00 slept, with wakeing at 40 minutes but went to sleep again by herself. So her awake time was like 3,45 minutes.

Then i put her to bed at six, seemed very tired. Hoping for a good night.

;)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2014, 16:29:59 pm »
If she wake up from a nap that is longer she talk and seems happy (1 hour or more)
If she wake up from short naps she wake up crying but wen i go to see her she is already happy and seems fit.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2014, 16:39:29 pm »
It's really hard to tell sometimes if they're UT or OT. Some signs of UT are short naps (like you have), playing for hours at night (like you had). OT is a little more difficult.. Too much A before BT results in early NW's (like you had recently). Also, where it gets really confusing is they can get OT from 2 short naps and a long day!

Some one on here once said about EBT is that you take what sleep they usually have in a day, say 2.5hrs. If their naps only total say 1.5hrs you should put them in bed an hour earlier to catch up. Does that make sense? I've only recently started trying that myself. But with mine too long of an A to bed irreverent of how much sleep she missed meant early NW's so I preferred to do EBT close as possible to the time I knew she could handle.

I think it may be time to add on 15mins to each of those two A times before her naps and leave BT at the same A. What do you think? It will mean the day gets 30mins longer if she does have 2 good naps, but it think you've still got the time to play with without it cutting into her night sleep.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2014, 17:11:24 pm »
I can try increasing the A time, but shouldn't i first try a few days before change this soon? She seems having a really hard time in the morning with 3 hours but then she stil catnaps, but not all the time this is so variable. So its difficult for me to say, i think i need more A time, because of her changing. 

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2014, 18:02:03 pm »
It's up to you. She's had this A time for a little while now hasn't she? Do what you feel she can handle, you're always in the best position to judge.

I mentioned wake to sleep a while back, do you think you might like to try that to see if it extends the nap some more? I would only pick one to do it on to begin with x

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2014, 18:07:19 pm »
Yes, I tried but as so she hears me coming in to the room she wake is up? But doesn t go back to sleep  :-\.

She always wake is up, I can 't get her back to sleep, really don t no how this is working for other babies, it s surprising to me.

So sometimes she is sleeping and then I stir a little and bam she wake up  :o.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2014, 06:56:26 am »
Hello Kellys,

Here I am again, we are back to the catnaps again for a week now, so my lo is not consitent with her naps.

My awake time is in the morning like 3,15 and 3,45/4 hours in the afternoon, in the morning it also can be more because i don t exactly here when she wakes up, she can be playing before we here her.

Her naps are like 40 minutes or 30 minutes, by six in the evening is she is so tired she falls when she plays.
So she goes to sleep like by 5,45 or 6.

The night screaming is over, i think i was a phase that was like 8 weeks, she only cries now a little and then goes back to sleep in the night. Like maybe 3 times she wakes up and cries for 1 or 2 minutes and goes back to sleep, we don t go to see her, this make her more awake.

So back to crapy naps, I did sometimes have a nap that was like 1, 30 minutes but this was not much.

I my baby so different, why i she not sleeping longer. Also If i put her early in bed she doesnt catch up her sleep, she sleeps the 12 hours but doesnt catch up the sleep of that day. So by 6 in bed is wakeing up at 6 in the morning.

In total she sleep now like 80 minutes a day and 12 hours a night, so the night is normal and she can sleep longer, but the day is to long wit 2 catnaps.

Do you have again advice? ??? :(

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2014, 11:14:06 am »
It's great she's sleeping 12hrs at night now, well done you!

I think we've just got to pick one nap at her age now and try to extend that one. The other one can stay short. What do you think about extending the first A and trying to get that one as the long nap? If she's doing 3.5-4hrs in the afternoon and you're still getting a short nap I'm still thinking she can handle higher A times than the average like mine.

I know you don't know exact what time she wakes up in the morning, that's fine. How about you look at extending that one to 3hrs 30mins from when she gets up and see if that works? She may need to go to around 4hrs, but I'm thinking you're more likely to get a longer nap in the morning than afternoon considering what we've seen throughout this.

You may need to shorten the second A to ensure an UT nap and so the day doesn't get too long too. I think eventually you could try 4hrs first A for a longer nap, then 3.5 hrs for a shorter nap then the usual A to bed.. I think that was around 3hrs from memory?? What do you think?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2014, 08:11:54 am »
Hello Kellys,

Sorry for my late reaction i had no time my lo was ill and vaccin so we had no time.

Till yesterday i  only wanted to see when se got tired, so she woke up at 7 and at 12.00 she went to sleep, butt still only 1,20 and at 4 she slept 45 minutes. I just put her at 4 in bed because of the day would be to long and in the evening she is really tired.
so second a time was 2,45 and last was 3 hours (but she was to tired).

So what do you think, how can I do so long a time the second time then her bed time would be over 8? What about third A time? I think the seond A time is to long.
I was thinkink just putting her the second time at 4 in bed, so i get an undertired nap and she can go by 7 to bed. I have to push til 5 hours for a longer nap? At this moment i think she really don t sleep longer then 1 hour and 25 minutes. When do you stop with the second nap?

The day can not be longer then 12 hours? Or longer?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:22:32 am by mary12 »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2014, 12:38:12 pm »
Hi Mary,

1hr 20mins nap is just fine. That might be your lo's sleep cycle of 40ish mins so that would be two.

I'm afraid you're definitely in 2-1 transition territory now, she was hinting at it for a while there! The day can go up to 13hrs during the transition as it just gets very difficult to fit everything in.

You stop with the second nap when the first nap is at a reasonable time in the day and the LO no longer takes the second nap (you keep offering for quite a while yet) and the nap gets to be nearer 2 hrs or more in length. I would continue as you are doing and keep offering that second UT nap as you mentioned to get her,to a decent BT. Do remember that the a time will need to be shorter after the UT nap to BT. So maybe 2hr 30mins rather than 3hrs?

I'll say it again, your LO sounds so much like mine! Around when we started the 2-1 we were doing:
Wu 6.30
Nap 11.30-1
Nap 4-4.45
BT 7.15

Can you see how the day gets a little longer? I would try and stick with what you are doing for a little while and reduce that last A down slightly as I mentioned before.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2014, 17:39:23 pm »
Oke, I will try

So i will push the first A time, keep the second at 3,30 minutes and the last like 2,30 minutes.

Did your Lo sleep in time longer then 1,30 minutes? And when did he drop his second nap? Im am curious because they look alike.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2014, 06:09:19 am »
I made sure I capped the nap at 1hr 30mins so she took the nap in the afternoon. Any more, she refused it!

I think we started doing one nap days around 10mo and fully transitioned at around 11mo. Before that we did alternate one nap and two naps days.

She dropped the second nap when I could get the first A closer to 6 hrs as she preferred a shorter A to bed. Even now we still do 6hrs first A, 2hrs nap then 4hrs 20mins to bed.