Author Topic: Please refresh my memory with naps  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Missy Lou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
Please refresh my memory with naps
« on: January 02, 2015, 20:15:56 pm »
I've been reading different faqs and posts for a couple of hours. I'm not sure how I'm not remembering sleep training and why I'm not understanding the posts.  :-\

Dd is 11 weeks old. 9 weeks adjusted.

Although she is on EASY for eating and awake times, I've been rocking her to sleep for the most part.

She eats every 3 hours (even at night). She is awake about 1 hour 15 minutes. At the one hour mark, I do the wind down.  Close curtains, turn on white noise, swaddle and hold her.

When dd is calm and breathing deeply, I lay her in her crib.  I leave the room. Within a minute or two, She will either mantra cry or full out cry.

I'm confused about what I do next.  When do I pat shush?  I ignore mantra cries right? 

I do pick her up when she is seriously crying and hold her until she calms down which is within five minutes because she is so tired from this. What do I do after she calms down again?

I'm sorry for asking this but I cannot figure out the steps. I can't figure out when to do the pat shush for an extra 10 minutes - when I first lay her down for nap or when I lay her down after she has woken up.

Thank you.

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Please refresh my memory with naps
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 13:43:43 pm »
don't apologize for asking questions, that's why we are here for :-*.

She eats every 3 hours (even at night). She is awake about 1 hour 15 minutes. At the one hour mark, I do the wind down.  Close curtains, turn on white noise, swaddle and hold her.
For how long is she then napping? Because it might be she needs a slightly higher A time, like 10min increase or so (but only if she is short napping of course).
When dd is calm and breathing deeply, I lay her in her crib.  I leave the room. Within a minute or two, She will either mantra cry or full out cry.

I'm confused about what I do next.  When do I pat shush?  I ignore mantra cries right? 
I wouldn't ignore a mantra cry unless I am sure without doubt it's a mantra cry and it didn't stop after 10-15min. If it escalates then of course you go in.
Shush-pat you do whenever you put her to sleep and there is crying, so it can be when you first put her down and later when she doesn't manage to fall asleep.
I do pick her up when she is seriously crying and hold her until she calms down which is within five minutes because she is so tired from this. What do I do after she calms down again?
Lay her down in her cot again and hope she sleeps :).
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/