Author Topic: What glass bottles are compatible with NUK orthodontic nipple?  (Read 4459 times)

tigerlilly905

DS2 is EBF and it's taken us a while to find him a bottle he'll take without a fight.  From trial and error we've now found he takes the NUK orthodontic bottle fairly well.  

My issue with this bottle - although I know it's made from PP and is BPA free, I'm still not a huge fan of using plastic. So I'm searching for a glass wide neck bottle that the NUK nipple will be compatible with.  

Apparently there are glass NUK bottles on the market, but they only seem to be in the UK and I can't find any in Canada.  :-\  Are there any other brands of glass bottles you know of that the NUK orthodontic nipple will work with?  I have heard Evenflo, but I'm not sure.

TIA! :D

ETA - Adding a pic of the nipples I'm talking about. I understand there's 2 different types by Gerber. The ones Ds2 takes are the wide neck.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 18:19:16 pm by tigerlilly905 »

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
Re: What glass bottles are compatible with NUK orthodontic nipple?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 18:26:51 pm »
I don't know! I was just wondering if you have thought of using stainless steel at all? Just to give you a few more options to work with

tigerlilly905

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 18:31:45 pm »
I don't know! I was just wondering if you have thought of using stainless steel at all? Just to give you a few more options to work with

Oh, absolutely I'd go for stainless steel! Stainless or glass - I'd be happy. I just know there's very few stainless steel bottles on the market and figured glass might have more options. 

I may just have to go and buy a couple glass/stainless bottles that might fit and give it a go? JI just don't want to really waste much money, kwim? I did a google and a few ppl say born free could work? Others say Avent could work. I'm just not sure ??? I know I can trust the BW mamas, so would I love to know for sure before spending the $$$! :)

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 18:38:20 pm »
If avent is compatible then that would work with Klean Kanteen stainless steel bottles. I just can't answer whether the nuk nipple is actually compatible with the avent one :P

Offline nwmm

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 18:53:02 pm »
I have been out of the bottle buying business for awhile, but I brought the nipple we used to stores and tried them there on glass bottles.  I don't think there was a ton of ss bottles then

I bought born free plastic at whole foods, five years+ ago.  Do u have whole foods?  You could call to see if they have the ss.   bought born free stainless steel at babies r us.  Not sure if they still carry at babies r us.

Do u have REI, the sporting goods store?  They sell some keen lantern.  U can buy from them, ship it to the store, they call you, you open package, if u don't like u return it right then and there. No shipping cost

Call kleen kanteen.  They should know something about compatibility if kleen kanteen wants to
promote themselves in the baby world.  Same thing with born free products

tigerlilly905

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 16:40:06 pm »
Good call ladies, thank you!! :D  We don't have REI here, but I know of a few specialty stores that do carry Kleen Kanteens.  And born free is pretty readily avail at BBRUS here as well. Will check both options out :)