Author Topic: Special Formulas?  (Read 1004 times)

shimzy

Special Formulas?
« on: October 04, 2006, 22:44:38 pm »
Does anyone use those formulas with DHA and ARA in them? Nestle Good Start makes one (we use the regular good start now) and was wondering if I should switch her to the one with the fatty acids in them... I know they are good for adults but will it make her constipated? Is anyone using that special one and having good success?

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Special Formulas?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 05:35:05 am »
Lauren x

Offline Mamoushka

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 21:47:40 pm »
Just to let you know, I've spoken to 4 different doctors as I was concerned that the Soy formula I was using didn't have DHA and ARA in them. They all said that it wasn't medically proven that it was any better and was likely just a marketing ploy to up the price on formula! I was kinda sceptical until they backed it up by saying that our generation was pretty much a formula-fed generation and we obviously are not lacking in vision and brain devellopment. Just a thought   ;)

shimzy

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 02:00:43 am »
thanks for that info  :)

i do take fatty acids for myself and my husband because we know how essential they are to good health, just wondering if it would have caused constipation.

thanks  ;D

Offline angelina and andrew's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • my two cuties.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 06:17:31 am »
my dd gets a milk with DHA in it and it hasn't caused any constipation(something she suffered really badly from untill we changed her milk). :)