Author Topic: Advice for adjusting EASY for daycare  (Read 2518 times)

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: Advice for adjusting EASY for daycare
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 16:14:13 pm »
Sorry for taking so long to respond - I had not internet access for quite a while.

After a few days for short pm naps, we seem to be back on track.  I like the idea of a written plan.  Most days DD is waking on her own after 45 minutes in the am and starting the pm nap at 1 seems to be working.  I'll slowly keep capping the am nap even more.  I like the idea of a written plan.  I don't think the daycare will have very many LOs in the fall (only 3 or 4 with 3 staff members) so they may be able to help transition if she's not on one nap by then - I don't want to rush it too much if I don't have too.  I'm going to call them and see what they say.

Thanks for the reminder at OT being unavoidable sometimes.  I was getting very stressed when we got a bit off track because of a combo of OT and teeth coming in so it was a good reminder to relax.  What are some of the signs that the OT is a sign of moving too fast with the transition?
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 20:29:37 pm »
I can give you a concrete answer to that, it so much depends on who your LO is and after all you know her best. For us it was A LOT of NW short after BT, if I got those for more than a couple of days then it was too much. He actually did good when I increased A times - he always gave me like 3 days of OT naps, but then settled into his new A time.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 16:13:54 pm »
Thanks.  I know it depends a lot on the LO, but I always find it helpful when to learn how other people's LO's react - it just gives me an idea of things to look for.  DD has gotten so good at self-settling (thanks to BW techniques ;)) that it's getting more and more difficult to tell when she's OT - she rarely cries when she wakes up from a short nap or when she goes to sleep unless she's extremely OT or in a new place.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014