Author Topic: Confused about the EASY plan  (Read 955 times)

Offline RitaB

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 22, 2006, 13:57:21 pm »
I have a question on the EASY plan...I have a 10 week old baby who is on a 3 hr routine and weights 15lbs...but I'm confused on how the EASY plan begins every morning at 7am...but ends at 5am.  If I could give a dreamfeed (which I have not been able to do because he will not wake up..so I feed him at 2am and 5am or 6am), he should be able to sleep until 5am or 6am...but the plan each day begins at 7am?   ???  So if I adjust it, I'm totally off the 7,10,1,4,7 schedule...and I do like him to go to bed at 7:30-8pm because that way he sleeps the best at night.
Thank you for you help,
Rita

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: Confused about the EASY plan
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 15:31:34 pm »
Hi there Rita,

Ok, first, for the DF, you don't wake the LO's up, you do it while they are asleep, so pick him up gently, do this with the ligths off, the point is that he DOESN'T wake up, so to give him the bottle you are going to take advantage of their suclikng reflex, so touch his lips gently with the bottle, and introduce it into his mouth, he will start sucking.

And as for him waking up at 5am to feed (with or without the DF) what you do, is feed him just enough to hold him till 7am, and put him back to sleep, then set your alarm clock to what ever hour you want the day to start (7 or 7:30) and then wake him up at that hour, and feed him again.

Hope this helps

Offline RitaB

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 16:08:27 pm »
oh okay..I'm so glad I asked, now it makes sense.  Thank you so much.