Author Topic: When to move to toddler bed?  (Read 854 times)

Offline vuhoo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
When to move to toddler bed?
« on: March 08, 2007, 15:27:39 pm »
Our DS is 19mos old and is still very happy with sleeping in his crib.  We're expecting #2 in Oct and our DS will be 26mos.  I'm wondering when is the best time to start moving him to a toddler bed. I don't want to move him too soon before he's ready but I'm afraid when the new baby comes, he's going to have to adapt to many changes with a new sibling and I don't want to confuse him.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: When to move to toddler bed?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 18:20:40 pm »
We moved ds #1 at 2 years old and will do the same with #2.  With that said there are lots of people who leave their LO in a crib for more or less time than that.  If you LO is trying to climb out then leaving him in the crib can be dangerous.  Do you need the crib for #2?

If so then I would make sure that you make the move before the baby so that he doesnt see it as the baby taking his bed KWIM?  IF you dont need it then I would wait as long as he will stay in there.

HTH

Offline dkjokisch

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 18:34:04 pm »
We are in the same situation.  #2 is due next month.  Dd is 26mos now.  We have moved her out of the nursery into a 'big girl' room (last weekend, in fact), but decided to leave her in a crib.  She is quite content in the crib, plays in there happily after waking, and has never tried to climb out (knock on wood).  We had planned on buying a new one, but were lucky enough to be able to borrow one.
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)