Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 122625 times)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #630 on: December 12, 2005, 13:08:13 pm »
Sorry about all of the teething....but better to bite you with!! :lol:

Cait didn't like cereal at first, but Saturday I got the first "baby bird" reaction from her with the lips opening and closing and her sqealing for more.  I think it takes them a bit to figure out that "hey, something other than just a plain old bottle/boob." :wink:   Now......as for the pears I tried her on last night........not so happy with those!!  LOL

And what is up with putting them in the crib facing one way and then coming back and they are TOTALLY turned around facing the opposite direction. Cracks me up everytime. :D  :roll:

Less than two weeks till xmas....let the fun keep coming.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #631 on: December 12, 2005, 13:16:35 pm »
My niece drinks Similac since she was about 8 months and she's done great with it.  She's now 20 months and has graduated all the to EnfaGrow.

As for ds, sometimes I wish he was a formula baby so I could go out for a long strech and not worry about feeding him or maybe even leave him with his grandma.  But it always seems that when I'm right about to cave something happens that encourages me to keep bf.  You know, ds will stoke my face or nuzzle against my breast, or I'll read an article about the wonders of bf etc etc etc.  Some days I think I'm going to drive myself insane, it seems all I think about it breast vs. formula....

:lol:
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #632 on: December 12, 2005, 14:34:10 pm »
Jake wasn't so crazy about pears either, they are pretty tart! They made him pucker up :) We are starting peaches today, hope their good!

Well, I'm sure it is a big week of doctor appt. Who else is going? Atleast we'll have some support and sympathy after the next round of shots. Does anyone have any great questions that they are planning to ask the doctor about the next few months? I always seem to have a list but never know which ones are that important.

Anyway, good luck to all the babies facing the needle this week :)
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #633 on: December 12, 2005, 14:41:45 pm »
We have Marisa's four month shots on Wednesday and I am DREADING it. Poor angel had a terrible reaction the first time - fever, cranky and aggravated her reflux. Ugh. But it's better than the alternative...

As for solids, we of course haven't started yet - DD is much younger than your LOs. But I've heard that avocado is a GREAT first food. Mash it up/puree it yourself and get to desired consistency with formula/breast milk. Easy to digest, very rare allergen, nice taste but not too sweet...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #634 on: December 12, 2005, 15:15:15 pm »
my lo didn't like avacado at all..or pears at first - although now she has really grown to love the pears!
i actually tried dd on formula and she hated it - wouldn't have anything to do with.  i too, just wanted an 'out' if i were to maybe over the holidays enjoy myself a little and have a few drinks...but that doesn't seem to be in the near future! :?  :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #635 on: December 12, 2005, 15:45:58 pm »
I started ds on pears and he made the worst face!!  :shock: But he really likes thems now.  Our ped has him on only fruits first and when he's 6 months then we start veggies and soup.  Oh, he also only eats non-citric fruits, those come after he's a year.

His faves are peaches, bananas, apples, pears and melon.

His yucky's are papaya and guava.
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #636 on: December 12, 2005, 16:15:50 pm »
Cait has her 6 mo checkup tomorrow.  Poor baby.  I need to talk to DH and see if we want to get her a flu shot.  She isn't around other children much and neither is Ry, so why put one more needle into her poor leg.  And also, DH cant' go with me tomorrow, so I will have screaming Mimi all on my own.  Can't wait to see how much she weighs.

( :oops:  :oops:  :oops: we still have her in the infant carrier :oops:  :oops: )

Ahem.......anyway.  Post stats when you get them.  :D

bj

Brandy-

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #637 on: December 12, 2005, 16:29:23 pm »
Bj- Don't worry we still have Jake in the infant carrier too! And if I remember correctly, Cait and him were pretty close in height and weight at four months. Jake was an inch too long at the last checkup but the doctor said we were good for about one more inch and we are waiting for x-mas to get the big car seat.... I think he is okay for now! He sure fills it up when he is in it :)

I am wondering about the flu shot too. I think that if they are under two years old, they need two doses a month apart, so that would mean going back in a month for another shot! I don't like the sound of that, but if it keeps them from getting sick then I suppose it is worth it.

Well, Jake didn't seem to like the peaches.... but he chows down on any veggie I give him! Maybe that will pay off when I am trying to get him to finish his broccoli.... :)
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #638 on: December 12, 2005, 17:20:21 pm »
Caeden is sitting up well now - just really got the hang of it in the last couple days...... anyone trying this yet?
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #639 on: December 12, 2005, 17:27:23 pm »
Cait just ends up smelling the carpet....and isnt' happy about it.  :roll:

I think that is going to be one of my "development" questions for the dr.  She isn't really doing anything more now than when she was 4 months.  I have lazy children.   :wink:

bj

Brandy-

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #640 on: December 12, 2005, 18:01:52 pm »
awww - i wouldn't say they are lazy - they're just gonna have a couple sleepless weeks and do everything all at once!

dd has troubles sitting for more than a couple seconds, but i discovered she can hold onto a table and stand for minutes at a time!...she's started giving kisses, drinking from a sippy cup and a straw...and sleeping very well  8)  !
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #641 on: December 12, 2005, 19:10:10 pm »
My DD has her 6 month app't on Friday which means more shots.  She has done okay with them but I still hate the tears and feel so bad for her.  She does seem out of sorts for a few days but luckily no fever.

I have some questions for the doctor about when to add meat or spices etc...My LO has been doing well with rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potato, parsnip, squash, peas, pears and apples. She hated avacado and potato but maybe I caught her on a bad day. I also tried to give her carrots that I made and she spit them out but today she ate carrots from a jar...I guess my carrots weren't any good :)  My DD didn't like apples at first because they were tart but loves pears.

She has been sitting up for a few weeks now on her own but she has no interest in rolling over. She gets up on her side but then is fine with staying there.

I think Rachel posted about BF vs. Bottle.  I know how you are feeling but for me my LO made the decision for me. She stopped BF because she started liking the bottle too much. I really wanted to BF until she was at least 8-12 months -even if it was just for 1-2 feedings. BUT she started wanting the bottle and I pumped and fed her from the breast in the morning. One morning she refused my breast in the morning and I couldn't pump anymore either....I was sad the first few days and wish it didn't end so quickly but it does give me some freedom (if only I had someone to leave her with).  She is also now drinking water and a bit of juice with water from a sippy cup.  Try to think of all the good things about BF but don't drive yourself crazy either.  Do what feels right for you.

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #642 on: December 12, 2005, 20:12:34 pm »
I wanted to try to introduce the sippy earlier than I did with Ry (15 mo)....what was the initial reaction for your LO when you popped in their mouths?  Did they seem to "get it" or was it a hit or miss kind of thing?  I thought six months would be ideal, but now that we are here, she just seems so darn young for it.

Anyone else have a bumbo seat? (have I asked that already? :roll:  :oops: )  I would like to get one, but the minute I pay $50.00 for one, she will sit up on her own the minute the UPS guy drops it at the door and I open the box.  :roll:

bj

Brandy-

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #643 on: December 12, 2005, 20:37:48 pm »
I'm so sorry I haven't been on forever.  We have all been sick and I have been trying to get Jency on a 4 hour EASY.  I have read everything up to date for the most part.  Not trying to ignore you all.
But we have run into a serious problem.  Here it is!
This is mainly for nursing moms.  Could you PM me with responses please.  Thank you so much!!

Jency has gotten on a pretty good 4 hour EASY for about the past week now. There has been a couple days where it has gotten off and I still have to be in there during his naps to pat him when he starts to wake up at the 35 min mark. But other then that we have been doing pretty good. He takes a little bit of solids at breakfast and then at dinner. I don't think he has associated food with hunger yet because if he is hungry he will jsut sit there and scream until I give him the breast or bottle. THat is my first question. What should I do about that?
Also, he eats 2-3 times during the night and then is not hungry in the morning and then in the afternoon he refuses to eat.
That is question #2: My let down has gotten slow. Why and how do I fix it?
When I try to feed him in the afternoon he latches on and then sucks for a few seconds and then will come off crying until I have a let down. Then he will eat for a few min and then come off screaming then latch back on suck once or twice and come off screaming. This repeats itself until I give up. Lat night I nursed him after dinner because he was screaming (and even though I had fed him 2 hours earier and had solids he ate pretty well) then I tried to nurse him two hours later (which is his last nursing before bed) and he did this. So I filled a bottle with 2oz of formula and he downed it.
What is going on with this?

I know that Tracy says that you should up there calory intake during the day and not feed them at night but since I'm nursing and he doesn't understand solids I'm not sure how to do this.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #644 on: December 12, 2005, 20:42:12 pm »
Well, Luke doesn't blow kisses yet, but he'll lean in for them.  I was on my death bed this weekend with the stomach flu, so I didn't get to see him hardly at all!  His daddy was on duty.  I sure did miss the little booger.  He woke up HUNGRY at 3:00 am last night for the first time since the day before he turned three months old.  I haven't had to do a middle-of-the-night feeding since then!  The little dude is growing.  I also think he is trying to cut his top two teeth.  The snot factory is working overtime!  I've almost decided that his allergies ARE definitely a factor, but once those two bottom teeth popped through, he was clear for two weeks.  Now he's drooling all over everything and trying to put anything and everything in his mouth.

I have to remind the rest of the people that are in my boat (kid not sitting up yet...or rolling over...which ever the case may be) not to get discouraged.  It's hard when you hear that your kid isn't doing this or that yet, but my theory is....they'll do it by the time they're in kindergarten!  :wink:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08