Author Topic: Advice/suggestions for Introducing a lovey?  (Read 882 times)

Offline Mckenna&Barrett's Mom

• Cloth diapering, babywearing, selective vax, potty teaching, Christian Mama!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • My little cuties
    • The Princess Potty Diaries
Advice/suggestions for Introducing a lovey?
« on: February 15, 2006, 00:46:27 am »
Does anyone have any advice on how to introduce 9 month old dd to a lovey or comfort object?  I embarrassed to admit that she has so many toys that she has never shown more interest in one in particular.  Probably because she prefers non-toys to play with, lol.  ;D  She has a pacifier, but only uses it sporadically and doesn't put it in her mouth at night wakings (she can before she goes to sleep).  I want to give her something she can use to sooth herself since she doesn't suck her thumb.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Kim

Offline Hsmum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Advice/suggestions for Introducing a lovey?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 01:15:13 am »
My baby is nearly 11 months and he has no favourite either...I'm no expert but I was under the impression that the baby forms the attachment themselves, ie chooses a toy amongst those they already have...? What do others think?

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 01:58:41 am »

That's what mine did.  She had several toys in the crib, latched onto one specific one.  Of course, we can't just go buy a new one if we need to.  Thank goodness for e bay.  Now I can rotate two identical toys.    ;D
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline kirsty_167

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • My little munchkin!!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 08:26:21 am »
Hi...i introduced my son to his blankie a few months ago.This was simply a furry little blanket he had had on his bassinette as a newborn.He now goes to bed with it every nap/bedtime. I got him into having it as he was having trouble going to sleep and we had got rid of the dummy.I simply just gave it to him eevry time i put him down.He would have laying next to him and as he has grown he now grabs hold of it and uses it to cover his eyes. (his way of blocking out the world when he is tired!)

I dont necessarily think you have to wait for your child to select a favourite toy/cuddly...maybe  just give them one thing every time they go to bed.Then that way they may get used to that....just an idea.Hope that helps!

Kirsty