Author Topic: screaming every meal time  (Read 1115 times)

Offline mmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 96
screaming every meal time
« on: October 23, 2009, 11:58:28 am »
I think my LO and i need a vacation from each other...lol.  Between him refusing to eat at meals and waking up at 4, I am going mad.  Lately, every time i go to put him in his high chair, he starts freaking out.  This morning he kicked and bit me while I was putting him in.  When I put food on his tray, he throws it on the floor immediately.  Even when i know that he likes the food I am giving him.  I have resorted to putting on Elmo and he will settle and eat.  I hate using the TV like this, but I don't know what to do.  This morning we tried a picnic on the floor and he ate.  But he was playing too and i don't like him moving all over this house with food in his hands.  When this first started happening, I was thinking he wasn't hungry.  But he eats if he is not sitting is high chair.  Yesterday, I avoided the tantrum completely during lunch time, by feeding him while he was walking around.  Again, I know this isn't a great idea,  nor is this a habit I want to get in to.  But I don't know what to do.  Any suggestions?
Kara

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: screaming every meal time
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 15:58:14 pm »
Mostly I'm bumping this up for you, but a lot of folks have had success by sticking with the floor picnic and then gradually easing back into the high chair.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o