Author Topic: Time to introduce dinner?  (Read 716 times)

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: October 02, 2006, 19:02:36 pm »
Hi there!

Caspar is nearly 9.5 months, and has been slow to solids. After being initially keen, he went off them for nearly 2 months, and we have only just got him back on, for the last 8 days he has had breakfast & lunch, with no 11am bottle. Day is roughly..

6.30-7am Bottle 8oz
8.30am - 4 dessertspoons baby porridge, sometimes 1/2 100g pot of fruit puree
11.30-12 - Lunch, 100g jar savoury, 100g pot fruit, rice cake(s)
2.30-3pm Bottle 8oz
7pm Bottle 10oz (tonight it was 12oz!)

I am working on getting him onto homemade food, but as all he initally liked was jars, we were using those to get him happy with the idea of solids to fill him up instead of milk. Yesterday he had some of our spag bol!

Question for you all is  - we're having trouble getting him to bed/sleep now. Caspar has been shouting for ages the past couple of nights, and in some cases wanting more milk. I'm not sure if this is a sign I need to introduce dinner or if its partly a separation thing. Tonight he had 10oz and wanted 2 more, but the night before he had 6oz, and then finished the rest of the bottle (total 10oz). I am wondering in some cases if the Stage 3 teats are too slow and he is getting tired/bored...got to see if MAM do Stage 4.....

Any ideas on what the hunger might be related to?

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Time to introduce dinner?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 22:51:04 pm »
Totally agree with Stacy the sign for us to introduce dinner was she was looking for her night bottle earlier.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07