Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 1287 times)

Offline littlestar2012

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 16, 2014, 15:07:38 pm »
Hi all,

I wonder if you could help us. We have a daughter who is 23months and have real problems at bedtime and sleeping throughout the night. It took 4 years to get our daughter after having a miscarriage. I know we have made a rod for our own back and understand that it will be a long battle. From 8 weeks she slept through the night. The trouble started at 6 months when we transferred her into her own room. She hated her cot and never slept so we transferred her into a bed. We have recently moved. She has a nap for about 1 hour to 1 hour and half. Which can happen between 10 and 1.00.

She goes to bed between 7pm and 8pm. She goes to bed with a story and milk. She has a dummy and blanket. We sit on a chair in her room next to her bed. The lights go off and she has a night light. It will take her about between 1 hour -3 hours to go to sleep. During the night she will wake up and we try and settle her back in bed but end up falling asleep next to her.

We both work and is finding it very hard. We have tried controlled crying and she makes herself sick from crying. This is not worth it. We have sat on the stairs and everytime she gets up we put her back.

Myself and my husband have had enough and need to try and get our daughter to sleep. We love her so much but need her to sleep.

Thank you for listening x
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 15:09:49 pm by littlestar2012 »

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 19:22:07 pm »
Hi, I would suggest going Gradual Withdrawal a go.

Here is a link - have a read and let us know;

Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 08:38:01 am »
Hi Hun, just wondering how things are and if you got a chance to have a read through the link  ???

(hugs)

x.