Author Topic: In the middle of ST - please help with a quick question about my 5mo  (Read 583 times)

Offline CoraDora

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Just started ST last night, and for his first nap, he woke after 40 minutes. I used pupd until his next feed, I fed him and then used pupd to get him to sleep again. What do I do next? I've just read the sleep interview but I'm still confused. Do I try to extend the nap once more so it's one long nap? Or do I get him up when he wakes and stick to normal A and S times?

Some quick advice would be great!

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: In the middle of ST - please help with a quick question about my 5mo
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 19:48:27 pm »
Hi there,

Typically, we recommend to try resettling a nap for just 20-30min rather until the next feed time.  I know that's not what Tracy originally recommended, but usually you can tell if they're going to resettle or not within those first 20 or so minutes.  If he doesn't resettle, then yes, get him up and feed him when he's due.  You then do the whole process again... PUPD to get him to sleep and PUPD to resettle (up to 30min or so). Does that make sense?

You'll want to make sure you're working on an age-appropriate A time as well, or resettling naps can be futile.  Would you like to post the EASY you're aiming for or a sample of a few days?