Author Topic: NW 4 months old  (Read 988 times)

Offline donvitol

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: June 09, 2012, 13:28:32 pm »
DD just turned 4 months old.  When she was 1-2 months she was waking 2X a night, sometimes once.  She would give a good 5-8 hour stretch for the first part of the night.  For the last month or so she has been waking again around 10-11 for a feed (3 -4 hours after she goes down).  Last week I didn't feed her at that time but got her to go back to sleep thinking that a good few days of this would reset her.  She is still waking up for that late PM feed.  Should I just start feeding her?  I don't want to have to keep trying to get her to go back down.  She might really be hungry...

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: NW 4 months old
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 02:45:15 am »
What's her EASY?

She is still waking up for that late PM feed.  Should I just start feeding her?  I don't want to have to keep trying to get her to go back down.  She might really be hungry...
I would, but I'd rather feed if LO is hungry and get back into bed without waking up too much unless it becomes a prop ;)

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 04:00:02 am »
She is still waking up for that late PM feed.  Should I just start feeding her?  I don't want to have to keep trying to get her to go back down.  She might really be hungry...
I would, but I'd rather feed if LO is hungry and get back into bed without waking up too much unless it becomes a prop ;)
I agree completely!  I would just feed, esp since you've worked at resettling and she's still waking. Having two NFs at this age is very, very common. I never worried about feeding becoming a prop until after about 6-7 mo, if things are looking a bit habitual and they're getting decent solids and nothing changes.

That being said, your EASY can definitely play a part as well, so don't count that out.

Offline donvitol

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:25:10 am »
Up between 6:30 and 7
first A time 1:40
2nd and 3rd A time 1:45
She is a 45 min. napper, but am usually able to get her to go back down for another round.
If I can't I shorten her next A time by about 15 min. and offer her a cat nap at the end of the day

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:59:13 am »
I wonder if she could do with some extra A time - at 4 months, most babies are getting around 2hr. What do you think? It may help with the naps a bit too...

Offline donvitol

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 13:03:11 pm »
She is only 4 months and 2 days, so we are working up to it

Offline donvitol

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 13:03:42 pm »
are most new 4 month olds at 2 hours?  with her I can't read tired signs at all

Offline katie80

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 23:37:45 pm »
It really ranges, some are at 2 hr, some still at a bit less. You could always try a 10-15 min push and see if that helps. When you say you are able to get her to go back down, do you mean by resettling or do you get her up and then put her back down again a bit later?

Offline donvitol

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 11:49:48 am »
resettling and AP

Offline katie80

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 19:34:59 pm »
And does she usually resettle pretty easily?  If it's taking a long time, you might try adding just 10 min of A time on and see if that helps.