Author Topic: 6 mo short naps - help!  (Read 774 times)

Offline New Mama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 31, 2007, 03:28:40 am »
My DS is a catnapper, sleeping anywhere between 1/2h to 45 minutes for each nap. I have tried extending the nap by holding him when he jolts, but he gets excited by my presence and wakes up with a big smile and wants to play. It totally throws our schedule out of whack as he then doesn't go down for a nap until 1:30 when he is overtired. Here is a rough look at our schedule on a typical day:

700 wake
715-815 Eat (BF and solids - just started solids so takes time as he plays while eating)
815-9 A
900 nap (40 min)
945-1145 A
1145-12115 Eat (bottle/sometimes solids here or at next feed)
130-200 Nap (40 min)
240-315 Eat
315-445 A
445-515 Nap (30 min)
700 Eat
730 bed

In need of advice as our schedule seems quite ugly, but don't know how to fix. Extending the A time in the morning doesn't seem appropriate as he shows signs of being tired 1 1/2h- 1 3/4h after waking up. What do I do? I've unfortunately also got in the habit of giving him a bottle before naps/bed to increase his intake during the day. Otherwise, he does not show much interest in eating after waking up as he is too excited by the world around him.

Offline New Mama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 03:49:53 am »
Have a few things to add....

We just started EASY a few weeks ago, and it seems like DS poops what seems like most days, just at the 1/2h mark of the morning nap. Also, if he doesn't get a 3rd nap during the day (like today) I will put him down for the night at 645. He is also suffering from a cold for the past week, which doesn't help. One more thing, I'm wondering if the bottle feed before naps/bed has become a prop. Help please as I'm wondering if we can even make EASY work!!!