Author Topic: 45 min morning nap and long pm nap ok?????  (Read 895 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
45 min morning nap and long pm nap ok?????
« on: January 23, 2006, 15:45:39 pm »
I am attempting to extend my DD's naps. she has moved from 3-2 naps and they are not quite long enought so I am going to do wake to sleep and pu/pd to extend them. she is usually taking a 40-45 min nap int he morning and wakes up happy. is this ok and it this common after getting a lot of sleep at night? she is 8 months old and fell asleep independently for this nap.

I did wake to sleep for this nap and it is still 40-45 min. I went in at 20-25 min and moved her blanke until she stirred and she fell back asleep.

since this nap is ending earlier do I move her next nap up? or no so she does not get too tired in the pm?

today she woke at 7:30am
first nap was 10 am
was planning on 2ish for second but should I move it up to 1?

she can never make it until 7 for bedtime and refuses an evening catnap now. I have been moving her bedtime up to 6:30pm

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Re: 45 min morning nap and long pm nap ok?????
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 19:20:42 pm »
Hi There,
My dd always did a 45-50 minute am nap, usually around 2 hours after her wake time and then a long lunch nap, about 5 or 5.5 hours after original wake up and she was fine with that. I would move your morning nap to around 9.30 if you can which would give you a  lunch nap of 1pm and hope for a good 2 hours which should leave you with a bed time of around 7 or 7.30 pm. If you keep the 10am nap then I would move the pm nap to 1.30 again for 2 hours if you can,
HTH,
Fiona

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 20:25:24 pm »
she won't sleep for more than 30 min. in the afternoon nap now. I did pu/pd for over an hour and hse fell asleep for 5 minutes!!!! I am going crazy. I have a baby that does not sleep!!!!!!!! short naps and night wakings. do I give her a late day catnap now? or not?

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 21:03:33 pm »
Hello Allyson,

I have only just seen your post, this board has gone crazy over the last couple of days  :) . How are you getting on?

If you are still having problems, please let us know, and we'll have a good try to see if we can help.
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston