Author Topic: My dd is driving me insane!!!  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« on: January 09, 2006, 19:31:27 pm »
She will not take a nap! Since just after Christmas, she has been fighting taking 2 naps, and has only been taking one nap that lasts sometimes only an hour. Today, she still has not taken a nap and it's almost 1:30pm (she got up at 6am ish). She screams bloody murder when I try to put her down, even if I stay in the room, which is what I've been doing the past few weeks because of separation anxiety she's experiencing.

BTW, she's almost 11 months old, which I think is still too young for just one nap. But I don't know what to do - she just won't cooperate.  :(

Any ideas?

Thanks...
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
My dd is driving me insane!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 20:42:34 pm »
I know you think that she's still too young for 1 nap...but my gut tells me that she's transitioning to 1 nap, which as I understand it can be a rocky road. My lo isn't anywhere near 1 nap yet...perhaps some of the other mommy's who have reached that stage can give you some good advice?

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 22:33:32 pm »
Thanks for replying. I think you're right that she's transitioning to 1 nap. Unfortunately, she took ZERO naps today - ugh!!!  :( I think her molars must be coming in because she keeps sticking her fingers way back in her mouth on both sides and sticking her fingers in her ears. In any event, hopefully this was just a one-day thing. I definitely need at least one break during the day, and she needs the sleep.

Thanks...
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)