Author Topic: Mantra Cry to Sleep  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Mantra Cry to Sleep
« on: October 11, 2005, 15:29:42 pm »
My two-month old has been fussing/mantra crying herself to sleep. As long as we catch her before she gets overtired - she can usually put herself to sleep in crib and stroller this way. Is this normal and OK to let her do? I stand right near by and come help her (pat her, rub her back, pacifier, etc) if it escalates at all - but she usually falls asleep this way...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Mantra Cry to Sleep
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 15:38:58 pm »
Yep, that's fine. I do it all the time with my lo. Tracy encourages allowing them to fuss a little/mantra cry in order to learn to put themselves to sleep...only interfearing if the cry escalates.

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Mantra Cry to Sleep
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 15:49:06 pm »
Great, thanks. It seems to be working well - and she has been starting to find her hand/thumb to self soothe as well (which DH and I prefer to pacifier, but we use pacifier when needed too).
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline ambersmum

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Juilet - Manchester England
Mantra Cry to Sleep
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 18:34:29 pm »
My dd almost always had a cry before going to sleep until around 4 mnoths, now she just does it sometimes. I tell her, 'try to go to sleep on your own but I'll come back in 5 mins if you need help' I hardly ever have to but I stay near by (usually in study next door looking at this website :lol: ). Dh  and I say she is 'muttering' rather than crying as it makes us feel better.