Author Topic: 2 to 1 and bedtime q  (Read 1044 times)

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: April 24, 2006, 18:09:47 pm »
i've read all of the threads i can find on 2 to 1 and i haven't heard of this.  today i got lo (13mo) to go down at 1200 for 2h20min and then woke him up, and then tried to put him to bed at about 1900 (his normal bedtime is about 1915).

well, he was up crying for an hour and that is really not like him at all.  my question is, is this common?  i thought he would have conked out right away.  was he overtired?  should i have put him down earlier, say at about 1830, even though he napped for over 2h?  or could it have been something unrelated - we have been expecting some new teeth for a while now.

any insight appreciated, thanks.

Offline alyssa1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 19:16:40 pm »
I would say that if he napped a good long time and woke up happy - it wasn't the nap.  Anything past 2 hours I think is great!  Maybe it will just take a few days adjustment.  Did you find that he was tired at 6:30?  If that's the case then putting him to bed early might be the answer for awhile.  How long were his 2 naps that he used to get?  Did they total more than the 1? 

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 12:06:21 pm »
his am nap was 1h and his pm nap was 1h15.  i'm still clueless, though, although hoping that it's something else that doesn't have to do with sleep.  he _was_ rubbing his eyes a little bit earlier.  i'm going to try to put him down 30min earlier today again and see what happens. 

thanks for your reply and cross your fingers for us!

Offline DJs mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
Re: 2 to 1 and bedtime q
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 12:16:07 pm »
I would try the earlier bedtime. We find that our ds needs to go down at about 6 or 6.30 at the moment with him transitioning to just one nap. His usual bedtime was 7pm.  And that's even with a 3 hour lunchtime nap sometimes!

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:31:54 am »
last night i got him down at 1850 without any fussing.  i think i'm going to try to push it even earlier, esp. as he has been sick with a cold lately.  not today, though - poor little guy dozed off in the car this morning for 15min so flexibility is the buzzword today.