Author Topic: 21 Month old with nap and night problems  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
21 Month old with nap and night problems
« on: February 03, 2007, 21:08:15 pm »
Just wondering if anyone can help.  For the past week or so, DD has been waking at night, usually once around 10:00 pm and then 3 or 4 times after 3:30 am.  She just fusses until someone goes in and readjusts her blanket or pats her bottom for a few seconds.  She immediately resettles and goes back to sleep for another hour or so and then it repeats.  Naps have also been strange.  After we do her windown, I place her in the crib and she will sometimes fall asleep immediately, other times she will talk and play for up to 2 hours!!!  I feel awful leaving her in the crib this long, but she is not crying, just playing.  Eventually she'll fall asleep around 2:30 or 3:00, but by then is soooo overtired that she only sleeps an hour or so.  Here's her schedule since all this began

wake 6:30 - 7:00
lunch 11:30
nap:  put in crib at 12:30, falling asleep around 3:00
Awake: 3:30 or 4:00
bed: 6:30 or 7:00, about 3 hours after waking from nap

Any suggestions for her routine? I'd really like to get back on track, just not sure whats going on?!! 
Thanks,
Jessica

andibig

Re: 21 Month old with nap and night problems
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 21:14:43 pm »
the only thing i can think of is maybe teething?
sasha can be ok during the day when teething but her sleep seems to go a bit wacky.

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 21:37:32 pm »
If she wakes at 6.30 perhaps her nap could be a little late and she could be overtired by then.  What about trying to put her 11.30-12pm.  Worth a shot.
TBH Alex is a bit strange lately too, used to go no probs, now she sings for an hour before falling asleep, we have decided that the sleep monster has got hold of our toddlers here!!

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 02:27:18 am »
I also think that maybe your lo is too tired by the time she is in crib. Mine wakes up at around the same time as your lo and I have her in cot by 12pm and she falls asleep generally within 10-15 mins. As wind-down I have her in her cot around 11:40 reading books/close the curtain and leave by 12pm.

Good luck
Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 19:00:45 pm »
Thanks for your help ladies!   I hadn't thought about teething, but will check to see if any more are coming in.  Maybe try some Motrin tonight.  Also will definately try earlier nap time.  She used to be ready around 1 or 1:30, but I started watching her cousin during the day about 4 months ago and I moved it back to 12:30 because she was playing so much and getting tired faster. She is much more active these days (finally figured out how to run :) ), so I think an earlier windown might do it!  Thanks again!
Jessica

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 20:23:21 pm »
Good luck - let us know how it goes

20/06/2012 - my angel baby