Author Topic: What should my 9Month old be eating now?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline JacksMummy08

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What should my 9Month old be eating now?
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:56:30 am »
Hello All  ;D

Just wondering what sort of foods I should be introducing to my 9 Month old who still only likes pureed food? I have tried going with lumpy but he refuses - he does like to hold his food so for dinner what sort of finger food could I be giving him??

Thanks!!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
Re: What should my 9Month old be eating now?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 13:39:10 pm »
At 9 months we were still doing a lot pureed food but making them slightly lumpier/mashed each time.  She was eating things like sweet potato and spinach, chicken with apricot, beef casserole, salmon with orange etc.

Finger foods here at that age were:  toast, pancakes, steamed veg, small pasta pieces.  You can give anything really so long as its long enough for them to hold and chew on.

This has lots of ideas:

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=70142.0

Offline annette.xx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: What should my 9Month old be eating now?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 14:04:39 pm »
Hi

im no expert as still new to the whole solids thing - my LO is 7 months and started 6 weeks ago...I moved on to stage 2 after 4 wks as I had read that the quicker they accept the lumpier stuff the better they will be with it... she hated it!!!

so what I did was mixed it in with ellas kitchen pouches which she loves and now she eats main meal of lumpy stage 2 food without the mixing!! she only has a little amount and she still much prefers the purees but its progress as she now has about 1 to 2 ounces of lumpy food!!!!!!! Yay!!!....must add took over a week before she ate it properly!!

I also fed her it while at table with me and hubby eating dinner and served it on a plate like we had our dinner...or you could put a bit on side of your plate and spoon it off there cos they are always eager to eat what we are!!

Annette.xx