Author Topic: 7 month EASY needs tweaking...help please !  (Read 633 times)

Offline BayAreaMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 month EASY needs tweaking...help please !
« on: February 11, 2013, 21:11:08 pm »
Hi Moms,

I have a question regarding the A times and the Feed times of my 7 month old ..He is awake for around 3.5 hr then needs a nap. My question is that its very close to the 4 hr mark of where his milk feed is due...how should I work that in the schedule so that he can have a good nap and not wake up in the middle of a nap hungry. Give him his bottle before his nap ?

This is the schedule since past two days if I give him is bottle before his nap or middle of his nap when he wakes up crying/hungry.

Wake up : 8am
Eat : 8:45am : 6 oz Bottle
Eat : 9:45am : 3-4 oz of solids
Sleep : 11:30am ( wakes up in the middle of nap hungry some days; has a 6 oz bottle and goes right back to sleep ; On other days, he is able to sleep 1.5 hr ) / Or at times Eat at 11:15am ( Bottle 6 oz ) then takes his nap

Wake up: 1pm - If he had milk before nap then I give him his solids after his wakes up - Around 4 oz
Eat : 3:30pm - Bottle 6oz
Sleep : 4pm - 5:30pm

Eat  : Around 6pm - Solid 3-4 oz
Eat : 7:45pm - Bottle 6oz
Sleep : 8pm

Does that schedule seem ok ? I was not sure since I wanted to avoided giving him his bottle before nap times.

Confused mom :)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: 7 month EASY needs tweaking...help please !
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 22:14:37 pm »
It is unusual for A times to get so much shorter as the day goes n and usually indicates that LO is getting a little OT. What happens if you put him down a little earlier for the first nap? Is he STTN! If so and he is having decent naps then I would be inclined to just give him a top up before his nap, maybe half hour after his solids until his eating catches up with his A times. You could even try adding formula (I'm assuming he is having formula in the bottles here) to his solids to help fill him up before the nap.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011