Author Topic: Please can some one run an eye over my EASY  (Read 1098 times)

Offline *Amy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Originally from Ireland - Living in Dubai
Please can some one run an eye over my EASY
« on: January 03, 2011, 03:53:51 am »
We are getting terrible ew's she won't settle unless she is fed (I have never fed to sleep so not sure where this emerged from!) she won't take the paci to help her fall back asleep.
I fed her for a few mins then put the paci in and she goes straight back asleep but it is fit full!
So yesterday went
wake and eat 7am
sleep 8.30am
Wake 11am (I extended the nap)
Eat 11am
Sleep 12.45pm
Wake 3pm (I extended the nap)
Eat 3pm
Sleep 5.10pm (was a little late as we had company)
Wake 5.45pm
Bed 6.50 (she took a while to fall asleep like 25/30mins, normally she is out like a light!)
She then woke for a feed at 1.30am, she woke again at 3.30am and wanted to feed, fed for a few mins then put paci in, she woke again at 5.15am again wanted to feed, did it for a few mins then put paci in.
I can't seem to resettle her at night without BFing.
What do you think??

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
Re: Please can some one run an eye over my EASY
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 12:12:54 pm »
bump :)
*Sarah*

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 12:36:48 pm »
so I would say definately try and get more into her at each feeding, in the dark, in the quiet and then see if that has an impact on her nights.

I would also intro or re-intro a DF. Would Cassie feed direct from the breast in her sleep? I never thought it was possible till I tried with Emma and it worked like a dream for us right till the end of our feeding days in a way (as she was refusing the breast at 17 mths and I was a silly mad mammy wanting desperately to get to 18 mths so I was lifting her in her sleep for a DF of sorts at 8/9pm this past summer).

the DF really was Emma's most relaxed feed of the day and really helped us keep the STTN.

I really don't believe its possible for an ebf baby to go 12 hours without feeds until a LOONG time after solids are intro'd. Mine did it at 10 and 10.5 mths. I DFd (the textbook 11pm DF that is) until then.

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline *Amy*

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Originally from Ireland - Living in Dubai
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 15:48:45 pm »
hmmmm - will try tonight then I think - she went down at 6 - I think they say DF should be 3 hours after feeding....going to read up on it now! will do it for a week and see

Offline audrysmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 18:24:32 pm »
Amy--we have been dreamfeeding for at least a couple of months now and our lo is ff.  However, at her current age (right at 4 mo) she can dreamfeed at 10:30 or 11 after having had dinner at 5 or 6.  U might want to try pumping and giving ebm in a bottle.  It is much easier to do from a bottle.  And don't be scared if ur lo wakes sometimes.  Ours does sometimes but it hasn't ever caused a problem.  We just treat it like a middle of the nite feed and put her right back down.  Oh, and the other perk of the bottle is that dh can do it.;). The mistake we made at the beginning was dream snacking.  We were so scared to wake her up too much that we were in and out too fast and she didn't get enough food.  We also expected dreamfeeding to help her sttn super consistently.  At the beginning, it only worked a couple of nites a week, but after we gave it some time, it works like a charm.  Good luck!!!

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 19:02:34 pm »
I think perhaps she may be getting a tad bit more daytime sleep and that could also be causing some EWs...

* http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=85130.0

This link does say 2 2 hour naps and one 30-45 min nap but with proper A times as well. Does that help? Does it take awhile for her to go back to sleep when you help her when she wakes frm her nap?
*Sarah*