Author Topic: Ideas for splitting lunch  (Read 1360 times)

scucci1979

Ideas for splitting lunch
« on: December 19, 2009, 15:38:29 pm »
Hi guys

i need some suggestions/ideas on how to split my los lunches. Do the lunches become snacks?  What should I offer her? 
She loves pasta, so would I offer her that for dinner instead of lunch? 

Sorry guys!

Offline bennysmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
Re: Ideas for splitting lunch
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 20:55:34 pm »
Sorry to be stupid, but I don't think I've properly understood the idea of split lunches.

How old is your LO?

scucci1979

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 20:58:05 pm »
She is 13.5 months now and her nap falls between11:30-2pm, so I was thinking of offering some of her lunch before and after her nap.

Offline bennysmama

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 21:36:53 pm »
At that age (DS is a 17mo now), we were doing something like this:

Wake 7ish
E 0730ish porridge and fruit or toast or muesli
E 0930ish milk
S 1000ish (sometimes 11)
E12ish lunch.
...and so on

Are you still giving milk/formula? 

Offline Seona1973

• Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 21:42:24 pm »
when ds had naps around that time I either gave lunch early and a snack when he woke or gave a snack mid-morning and then gave lunch when he woke up from his nap.

scucci1979

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 01:56:27 am »
thanks ladies. I am going to offer her a snack as I doubt she will eat her lunch at that time.  i will give her lunch after her nap.

Offline huntersmummyinoz

• Showing Appreciation 100
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 06:02:28 am »
when my LO was on similar routine, we used to do the bigger part of lunch before nap plus a cup of milk (so could be sandwich, pitta bread, pasta, noodles, etc)j and then a big snack on waking with water (yoghurt or cheese, plus fruit, plus something else like a cracker, cookie, rice cake, etc).

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 11:56:10 am »
When he first moved to one nap I did

7am wake - milk
8ish breakfast
10ish snack (fruit usually)
11ish toast or bready something, dairy something, and a banana and then straight to bed (so the carb, the protein and banana as it is filling!)
130ish - wake and veggies, fruit, meat, rice crackers - so could be thought of as a large snack or the rest of his lunch
330 - light snack to tide to tide over till dinner, such as raisins, rice cracker, slice of cheese
430/500 ish dinner

I did find that at first I was trying to decide a "schedule" for his meals, but the move to one nap meant that his nap could swing 30 minutes early or later on any given day, and/or that some days were 2-nap days when I didn't expect them to be, so I had to abandon the idea of "this is how meals will be timed" and ended up rolling with things and being lot less rigid than I like to be!  (I need things to be a set way or I don't cope well so it was a good lesson for me!!!)  I did just sort of "feed him up" as much as possible in the mornings and live with it! He has never had hunger wake him from a nap, although he often wakes from naps and runs straight to the kitchen because when he wakes he realises he is hungry.