Author Topic: Stopped feeding himself!  (Read 1153 times)

Offline happy hollow

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • My beautiful boys
« on: October 15, 2007, 00:40:40 am »
My little guy is almost 17 months, and was a great little eater for a while.  He does everything a little behind what a lot of kids do (he isn't even walking yet, I just call him my little scooter), and only started feeding himelf at around 13 months.  And he was fantastic!  He ate everything.  Now, all of a sudden, he just chucks everything off his plate, and won't even let me spoon feed him.  He will still eat crackers, and sausage, and toast by himself, but his turning his nose up at everything else!  He has also been getting his molars, kind of all at once, had a very sore mouth.  And now it looks like his canines are coming!  I guess that's what happens with late bloomers...they take forever and then everything happens at once (he has been taking the odd step, but is still quite cautious, much more comfortable scooting with his one hand and foot!).  I am guessing this is just a phase, but I am a little worried about his nutrition.  Any thoughts?

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: Stopped feeding himself!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 13:32:40 pm »
;D I had a scooter too .DS didn't walk untill he was 17.5 months and he mastered it in 2 days .You are right in them taking forever and then things happening alltogether , we had the same with teeth too he never just cut one at once . I wouldn't worry too much about the eating especially if he's teething ,just keep offering him the finger foods  , if he's not interested in spoon feeding then I'm guessing he's in pain and he will make up for lost nutrition when he's feeling more himself .
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .